Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The demon loves me too (Read 1675 times)
Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

The demon loves me too
Jul 12th, 2008 at 2:56pm

I just had the worst attack yet. My boyfriend timed it and it lasted about 2 1/2 hours with constant top of the lungs screaming for about 2 hours. I have tried 12 days of prednisolone, I have had about 1 1/2 hours of oxygen today, about 2 quarts of coffee, I have tried Verapramil and it aggrivated my asthma so I had to stop taking that. Today the ER doc gave me a total of 100mgs of codiene, 10mgs of morphene and 10mgs of Valium to take the edge off. I am still awake and fairly clear headed. Is this what it means to be a clusterhead? I thought the other headaches were bad but I have never screamed at the top of my lungs for so long and had none of my abortives work at all. If the demon takes physical shape it had better run far and fast because I intend to fertiize my garden with it. This is my first bout of CH and I am 6 weeks into it. How long do these usually last and does sugar trigger them in anyone? I think it might in me. This last attack occured after I ate sugar cookies. I know better than to drink. Thanks for being here guys. I promise if that demon takes form in my garden it will be fertilizer and we will all be free of it. Sophie
I have to laugh, it hurts too much to cry.

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Re: The demon loves me too
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 4:24pm

Sorry.  May you have tons of pain free days ahead.

You might want to look into Zyprexa as a last resort.  I have used it a few times as an abortive and it worked every time.  Trex and Maxalt used to work for me and then didnt.  I use O2.

Also, that amount of O2 sounds dangerous.  I may be wrong but I think there is a limit as to how much O2 you should use. 

best of luck

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 4:26pm

FramCire wrote on Jul 12th, 2008 at 4:24pm:
...that amount of O2 sounds dangerous.  I may be wrong but I think there is a limit as to how much O2 you should use.  

There is, but it's up around the 18-20 hour range.

IP Logged

Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 4:53pm

Sorry to hear that.

Could you please tell how much Prednisolon are you taking and how are the doses timed?

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 3:53am

Lots of PF days your way,

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 5:32am

Ungweliante wrote on Jul 12th, 2008 at 4:53pm:
Sorry to hear that.

Could you please tell how much Prednisolon are you taking and how are the doses timed?

I started out with 50mgs one time per day and decreased by 1/2 tablet (12.5mgs) every three days. I am done with the prednisolone now. I see my neurologist on Wednesday and she will be annoyed that I went to the ER. She always is. I will ask for an abortive that works because that amount of narcotic pain relievers cant be healthy for the liver. And I dont want them anyway. Except when I am in the middle of a CH and then if someone told me eating cat poopy would cure it I would start munching right out of the cat box. (GROSS)  Smiley I hope she isnt too annoyed and decides I need an abortive. Sophia
I gotta laugh, it hurts too much to cry. Grin

IP Logged

Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
Reply #6 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 12:23pm

Did the Prednisolon help?

I found out that I only need 30mgs per day if I time the doses to 10mg every 8 hours and remember not to eat 7 hours after taking the Prednisolon. Eating is ok around 2 hours after taking the Prednisolon again. It's definitely a trigger for me.

However, currently I'm not taking any Prednisolon either. As a chronic, I would need it constantly, which is not an option.

If you're an episodic, I'd say that using somewhat longer tapers of Prednisolon shouldn't be too hard on your body. Being in a high amount of near-constant pain is certainly not easy for your body (or your mind!) either.

You could also ask your neuro about methysergide. I remember some people here have got help from it when a lot of other options seem to have failed.

Be strong,
Rosa
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2008 at 12:28pm by Ungweliante »  

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 12:38pm

Hi Sophia,
Sorry to hear the Demon is working you so hard your first go around.  I can't say I have ever had to scream for two hours that had to be exhausting.  If you do have to go back to the ER you might discuss a nerve block.  Look up some info and if you think it might work for you print it and take it with you.  Kaiser ER introduced me to the procedure some years ago.  Just recently, I went to a Sharp ER, and the Doc there never heard of it.

Something else that works for me is ice and lots of it.  I don't know how long/thick your hair is, but it might help to get your hair wet/soaked to help transfer the cold to the scalp.

Good luck fighting the demon and many PF wishes.
Thomas

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!