Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
stubborness (Read 839 times)
fiveofclubs
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

stubborness
Jul 14th, 2008 at 2:21pm

Does the will to try to fight through the pain and carry on until the pain is just too much come with the Cluster headaches, or is that just human nature?

I fight (like right now) between staggering around in pain and trying to push past it and carry on.  In the end, it breaks, and I fall asleep anyway, but I stil try every time.

Mike&&FiveofClubs

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Re: stubborness
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 2:48pm

IMHO this is part of the human nature but we Clusterheads (try to) bring it to perfection.  Wink

Oliver
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2008 at 2:48pm by gizmo »  

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Re: stubborness
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 4:26pm

Of course we fight and we're a tuff bunch (Dr. Goaldsby said so). We fight every day (at least us chronics do) and we WIN because we do. CH won't kill you. We get thru the pain and then we go on with what we were doing and take the next hit as it comes.

Doesn't mean we don't do everything we can to prevent (or abort) them, but yes - we do fight.

And my dream is to someday be totally pain free -- right now I'm going to go suck on some O2 for a few minutes...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!