Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
help me:( (Read 3382 times)
moose3113
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

help me:(
Jul 13th, 2008 at 12:02am

I've been dealing with these headaches for about 7 years now. I'm sure some have it worse than me, but I can't take it anymore. I've been put on everything from oxygen to Topomax. The only thing that has EVER worked is Imitrex nasal, but I don't have insurance and a single dose is well over $200. I am scared to go to sleep for another attack will come for sure. The attack comes, I vomit, then lay in bed crying and seizing. My body is sooo tired. My doctors don't care. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Re: help me:(
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 12:17am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hi moose, welcome. That link will take you to the GSK assistance program. Look around this site for some treatments that may help in the meantime. Energy drinks, taurine supplements, kudzu, etc. (Look at the old message board, too)
Look at the oxygen info link on the left. When you tried it, did you use 10-15 lpm of pure oxygen with a non-rebreather mask? Proper delivery can make all the difference.

We're here to help.  Smiley

pf wishes, nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

moose3113
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 12:44am

yea, I had the non rebreather mask. thank you for some advice. I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't take it. It hurts so much.

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 12:52am

moose3113 wrote on Jul 13th, 2008 at 12:44am:
I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't take it. It hurts so much.

I know what you're feeling, buddy. I've learned something in the 4 years I've been hanging around here ... Clusterheads are some of the toughest SOBs you will ever know. I've met many in person, and talked to more by phone, and I promise you ... you CAN take it. We totally get where you're coming from, and almost all of us has been where you are at right now, once or twice (or lots more).

But we come here, and we get our info, and support, and empathy, and we manage to make it through another day.

This hurts like a mofo, but it won't kill you. And "what don't kill ya, just makes ya stronger".

Hang in there, bro. We've got your back.  Smiley

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 1:14am

Moose,
Welcome, and I am so sorry you need this place. That said, it is the best place for you to learn to deal with the beast.
Nani had a lot of good information for you, and you will find many more chiming in soon.
Melatonin might help you sleep, it's surely worth a try.
No two clusterheads are alike. What works for one may not work for the next.........try everything, till you find your magic artillery.
have you been diagnosed? has a Dr prescribed Verapamil? it is a pretty successful preventative, once you find your dosage and you give it time to load in your system.
tell us how long you have been in cycle? Could be time for a prednisone burst.....a bit of a steroid vacation, if you will.
Stick around, read everything and let this great group be of help.
For tonight, know that someone is online 24/7 to talk to. If you can, go get yourself a RockStar, or similar, and at the first twinges chug it hard and fast. The Taurine and caffeine helps..........if not, make a really strong pot of coffee.....you'll get thru the night, and tomorrow we'll work on more possible ways to keep the beast at bay.
Wishing you a PF night, Moose..........
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #5 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 2:10am

moose3113 wrote on Jul 13th, 2008 at 12:44am:
I can't take it. It hurts so much.

But you can take it.   

Not a one of us is any different.  There are some really dark holes out there when you're fighting this thing in the middle of the night, and the thing that you need most--a little peace, a little rest--are denied to you.  When even sleep is an enemy.      

I know it's hard to remember when you're in the grip of this evil thing, but there's life beyond each hit, and life's worth it. 

The attack ends.  It always does. 

I'm often here late at night--part of it is circumstance, because I live over towards the left coast, but part of it is so I can be here on the late watch for people who are fighting to get through the night. 

The other night, I was talking to another fellow who was fighting the same demon you are.  I told him that it's possible to see a hit through with nothing at all, and indeed, clusterheads for thousands of years have done so--because they had to.  That he could do it too, if necessary.  Endure it, and go on.  I think and hope he believed me, because it's one of the things that I know is true beyond question.      

At the end of the day, we're each of us alone against this thing.  We develop our resources, hone our weapons, and do battle with it.  We don't give in to it.  We fight.  We survive by becoming warriors, and cease to be victims.  We always win.   

As warriors, we do whatever it takes to see ourselves and those we care for through it.  We come to understand that there is nothing we cannot endure to do what is necessary--even this horror.

We all need something or someone once in awhile.  Lean on us when you need to, and lend your strength to someone else when you can.  You're stronger than you know. 

Someone here who is very wise says--"together we fight".  And we do.

All the best,

George
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2008 at 2:52am by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #6 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 2:14am

hang in there dude!!! YOU CAN TAKE IT!!!!! cathi and nani gave EXCELLENT advice,(again), read , read, and read some more on this site. read and LEARN. and try, try, try again. i use prednisone, it works miracles for me, so does the oxygen, are you using it at a high flow? 15LPM? tryed energy drinks? keep trying man, and hang in there. now that you found this site, i am SURE things will start to look up!  God bless,,Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 8:42am

I am fighting it right now too, in fact George from an earlier post may be talking about me.
Giving up is not an option, it will not win. we are with you. so stay with us!!!!
listen to these trusted ch veterans that have learned about their enemy and fought the fight and still fighting.
 With care and compassion they are sharing with us because we have the shared  enemy. They hold a virtual vigil Looking for that typed cry for help  like yours and mine.
not just to wrestle  the beast within our heads but to help us sometimes understand the doctors and THEM understand clusterheads, our spouses and loved ones who get frustrated. etc etc.
your are the future veteran along with me so we can't give up for our selves, for our loved ones and for the ch veterans that have helped us.
sorry : but i had a pf moment and i am a creative writer at heart.
ill get off my soapbox and slam an energy drnk now.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2008 at 8:51am by N/A »  

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #8 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 9:07am

Quote:
 sorry : but i had a pf moment and i am a creative writer at heart.
ill get off my soapbox and slam an energy drnk now.

Don't appologize.  That was very well said.

Welcome to both of you.  We all live through this hell.  How can we not reach out to each other.

This will not kill you
You are stronger than you think
You will live to see the morning

I hope you both find some pain free time soon.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #9 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 11:12am

Moose, how'd your night go? Tell us, please.
PF wishes to you!
cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #10 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 11:58am

Kick some beast A$$. Coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #11 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 10:27am

Moose... how are you doing? Please check in and let us know.

hugs, nani

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #12 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 10:51am

nani wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 10:27am:
Moose... how are you doing? Please check in and let us know.

hugs, nani

Just a quick note to let you know that I got a short PM from Moose later on the 12th, saying he's going to redouble his efforts.  Haven't heard anything back, though, and I see he hasn't picked up my reply yet.  Hope he's doing better, and also hoping that we hear from him soon.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!