Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stabbing pain on cluster side (Read 1138 times)
Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Stabbing pain on cluster side
Jul 14th, 2008 at 11:59am

Does anyone ever experience this?  I can be going along just minding my own business and OUCH!  out of the blue I get this pain in the eye, nose, cheek and  sometimes ear.  It's like a mini -hit that lasts 20 seconds.  Is it CH related?  It happens even when out of a cycle.

Thanks for the help!

Luv Ya!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Re: Stabbing pain on cluster side
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 12:29pm

I never experienced this and it doesn't sound like it is CH related, especially since it also occurs when out of cycle.

If these are frequent CPH and SUNCT come to mind.

As always: consult your neuro.

Oliver

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 1:58pm

Yeah, I get those when I'm in cycle.  Walking along, and--berzapp!  Gets my attention, but I doubt that anyone else notices.  Some sort of spasm, probably.  More fun stuff associated with CH.

I see them most frequently near the end of a hit.  In fact, it's often a sign for me that the hit is going away.  One or more icicle stabs, and the hit subsides.  (Sometimes.)

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 4:31pm

Sounds like an "icepick" pain. These happen - hurt like the devil and then are gone. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason. Most of us experience them occasionally. Talk to your neuro about it.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!