Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
kudzu root (Read 2864 times)
Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
kudzu root
Jul 14th, 2008 at 1:13pm

Ok, I looked for info. pertaining to anyone that would use the whole root instead of capsules and couldn't find anything.  So if you could humor me, is there anyone who has done the root route?  Meaning, chewing on the root itself and either/or ingesting it?

I found someone who sells the whole root online and was wondering if this would be feasible instead of the capsules.

Thanks for any help.

~mel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: kudzu root
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 1:25pm

Melissa wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 1:13pm:
I found someone who sells the whole root online and was wondering if this would be feasible instead of the capsules.

Couldn't say, Mel, but I hope the online stuff isn't too expensive.  Kudzu root has to be the least uncommon substance on the planet. 

I'm pretty sure some of our folks in the south could get more fresh stuff from their backyards than entire civilizations of clusterheads could use in an eternity.

Don't have any kudzu here, but I could probably send you all the cheatgrass and purple loosestrife you ever wanted.   Wink

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 3:03pm

Thanks for the response George.

They want $10.60 for 1lb of uncut root or there's a place that wants $13.75 for 1lb of root powder.

I'm just wondering how effective it would be?

Smileymel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 3:07pm

Try it out and if it works some fellow clusterheads from the southern part of the US can start harvesting and shipping.

Oliver
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2008 at 3:08pm by gizmo »  

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 4:51pm

We travel south every year.  On our way to Myrtle Beach  we stop for a couple of days in Eastern Tenn.  My husband's family is from there.

Kudzu covers EVERYTHING there!   We even play games trying to imagine what animal all the vines are shaped as.  (long drive ya know)  We are headed that way Friday.  Maybe I should bring some home with me!?

Take care,

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:26pm

Sorry, melly, I missed this. The root can be made into tea. The problem is that there's no way of measuring dosage this way, so it would be hard to figure out how much to use. Kudzu flower is used in addition to the root in the supplements ... I don't know if absence of flowers would make a difference.

If you decide to try it, let us know, OK?

BIG hugs, nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 8:06pm

Jeannie- it couldn't hurt!

nani- When I go into cycle, I am seriously thinking of trying it.  Not sure as to buy it right now though (or have someone cut me some and just pay them to ship it to me Undecided).  I get paranoid if I'm not prepared as I have a habit of finding things that work 1/2 way into the cycle. Roll Eyes 

Still nothing yet, but I swear it's waiting for me, like for the right moment...

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 4:43am

Mel,

it's wise to plan ahead and to be prepared, 'just in case'. Having said that, I do hope that the beast will stay away from you for a long, long time...

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!