Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I Made it Back-OUCH Convention was Great!!! (Read 2173 times)
Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
I Made it Back-OUCH Convention was Great!!!
Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:29pm

Thanks to DJ's tenancity I am able to post.  I had not only lost my Password but also my Username.  First to all of you, and there are too many to attempt to list, in attendance at the OUCH Convention, whether a Clusterhead or Supporter, thanks for making Julie and me feel so welcome.  From talking with many of you I feel so fortunate that I was diagnosed immediately without having to suffer through many misdiagnosis.  I can't say I was lucky in my treatment, but that is all in the past and I came away from the Convention with a much better understanding of the need and use of O2.  The one thing I did not do at Convention which I feel very much ashamed of is to express to you that I am a Christian and that I get my strengh through my Faith. To you non-believers I am sure this will receive many boos and you are certainly entitled to your believe.  I do not blame God for me or you for that matter for being a Clusterhead.  I have no idea what is God's will or I will ever be cured I continued pray that I will be cured and if not that he give the strengh to endure the pain.  Yes during a horrible hit I do ask God why, but I don't loose faith because I know in the next life there will be no headaches.  Thanks for your indulgence and God Bless you all.  Ernie a/k/a Wishbone.  For those of you not at Convention several people told me I looked like the actor who played the role of Wishbone on old television series Rawhide, hence Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Re: I Made it Back-OUCH Convention was Great!!!
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:50pm

It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife. I count both of you as friends.

We are a diverse group here, each with many beliefs and opinions. I don't believe anyone here would "boo" that fact you rely on your faith, beliefs, and trust in God to cope with CH and life on this earth.

Our group is richer because the two of you are here.

Bill

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 5:14pm

I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife. We had some good talks. I am glad that you took a lot from the convention and hope you will be able to go to the next one as well. You won't be getting any flack from stating your beliefs on this forum Ernie.  We come from many different backgrounds but respect everyones belief.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 5:19pm

It was wonderful to meet you and your very lovely wife Julie, I hope to meet you both again one day Smiley Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 5:44pm

I am a christian too wishbone and have said those same prayers and cried those same tears. I too know and look foward to the day when our Lord will free us from this and till then, his will not ours. If I can help ease the pain of one person here then i feel i have brought glory to his name.
I promise I won't get preachy to everyone! my focus here is to learn share and help. the bros and sisters i have a common bond with in pain and suffering.

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 1:20pm

Hello Ernie,

So glad you made it over to ch.com.  It was a pleasure meeting and talking with you and Julie at the convention.  I hope to meet you again someday.

Take care and pf wishes to you!
Beth

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 11:21am

Ernie I loved having the chance to meet you and Julie - would you have her email me or pm me with her email address please as I was daft enough to give her mine but not take hers!! DUH!! (I know, I know - I AM as daft as I look!!)

Looking forward to seeing more of you both

Helen

IP Logged

Grinner62
CH.com Veteran

Wichita Falls,Texas
Reply #7 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 12:14am

I remember seeing you at the convention. Didn't get a chance to chat.

But, as a spiritually challenged clusterhead, I'm certain that your beliefs have harmed me as much as my disbelief has harmed you. Say what you feel. Contrary to the opinions of some in my past, I won't burst into flames at the mention of the God word. Maybe a little fire if you drag me into a church...

If there really is an afterlife, somebody is in for an ass kickin' when I get there.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 5:51am

Such lovely folks you both are, Ernie.  It was indeed or please to meet and visit with you and Julie at the convention.

Hope we get to see you both again.

Be well....

Much Love,
Jackie

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 8:35am

Ernie and Julie

You were both a delight. And as others have said - you will NOT get any flack over being religious (a lot of us are -- sometimes it's hard to see thru us, but we are). I enjoyed visiting with you both and Julie is absolutely beautiful (I really hate to say that but she is Smiley ).

As far as the Wishbone thing -- I think it was "proven" - YOU DO LOOK JUST LIKE HIM!!! The next wagon-train -- You're elected COOK!! Smiley Smiley

Seriously, everyone who was at convention is richer for having met you guys and hope you'll be back every year.... I personally have lots of hugs waiting for you...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!