Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
History of CH causing Neur. to ignore "new" sympt. (Read 1815 times)
Private Aye
CH.com Newbie

*dance by the light of
the moon*

Pacific Northwest
History of CH causing Neur. to ignore "new" sympt.
Jul 16th, 2008 at 2:32am

I am a CH sufferer. My last series ran 89 daysI It's been 9 yrs since then.  recently I noticed several sinus-like symptoms on the opposite side from past attacks but still all located on the same side.  Droopy eye (ptsosis), eye edima, red eye and burning cranium.   I went through a few dr.'s to rule out stroke, an MRI etc and end up back on familiar ground with a "new" Neurologist who reads my history and tells me....."You have chronic CH"!!!
I know this is no CH! There is no hot-white poker stabbing me in the eye!  There is pain yes and a great big swollen droopy red thing where my baby blue eye once was, but not a chronic CH?  Is it????  Undecided

Cin2Chase  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: History of CH causing Neur. to ignore "new" sympt.
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 2:43am

From what you're describing, I don't think so--but I'm no doctor.

Sounds like you definitely need a second opinion. 

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:08am

If I understand you, there are two separate questions here:

1. The experience/symptoms of an attack can, and often do, change over time. That you are having a different experience now does no preclude CH.

2. Chronic CH is defined by the time you have been having attacks without a break (essentially cycles no longer define your experience). Change in symptoms is not a part of the definition of "chronic".

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:12am

Get a new doc. Quick.
thebb Smiley

IP Logged

Private Aye
CH.com Newbie

*dance by the light of
the moon*

Pacific Northwest
Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 1:11pm

I've got a new Neur. on Fri.  Looking for some new way to approach new Dr. Here's the facts: 
Symptoms start date- 5/5/08 non-stop as of today. 
No acute (jabbing@*,!&% screaming eyeball so far) could this be an extra long "shadow" period?  Any eposodic turned chronic out there?  I am in agreement with you guys about def. of chronic being same as eposodic but w/o remitting for over a yr. but was'nt sure if maybe this was a 3 mo. "shadow"? ?
Thx for any feedback b/4 fri.

Cin2Chase  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 1:25pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
You simply need to educate yourself. You are your own best advocate.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Private Aye
CH.com Newbie

*dance by the light of
the moon*

Pacific Northwest
Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 5:45pm

Thanks for the new sites.  I had heard about the mushroom therapy!  Very informative site.  The wrong doc is very frustrating and lonely.  As I said in my opening post, I have had CH since I was 19 (I am 46) and what I can't seem to get across (so far) to 2 different docs is that what I am currently experiencing IS NO CLUSTER. However may be hypothalmus related.
My general ? to the group here is....."Has a CH sufferer experienced yrs. of relef only to get hemicrania continua or paroxsymal hemicranias?
  These are rare just like CH or rarer.  THNX AGAIN

Cin2Chase  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!