Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Worked extremely well for me - Chronic sufferer (Read 2655 times)
demon_tone
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Townsville|Australia||0|0|QLD,Queensland
Worked extremely well for me - Chronic sufferer
Jul 22nd, 2008 at 3:21am

I suffered from clusters since I was around 20 (now 42), all the usual symptoms, waking in the middle of the night in agony, crippling attacks 2 - 5 times a day.  I had been given all kinds of treatments, anti - inflammatory such as feldene, maxi paracetamol/Ibofren etc, and some unpronounceable one that made me walk sideways like a crab, As many in here,, I also tried home remedies,, I finally found a doctor that put me onto Sandomigraine and after taking this product for just 3 days the headaches went from usual blinding pain runny eyes and nose etc Cry to what felt like a mild burning sensation. I continued to take them for another 3 weeks and went attack free for approximately 2 years. now I know some may say that’s just a remission period,, however I never had a “remission “prior to that. Apparently you can take up to 9 tablets are day and on and ongoing basis, however I was taking one at bedtime (makes ya drowsy at first).  After about 2 years the clusters returned to me and I’ve gotten straight back on the pills... and again was fixed within a week. Whenever I get the warning sign.. I start the pills now. I am in Australia so I don't know if this product is available in other countries or if it’s called the same thing, ask ya doc and Google it.  I know this may sound like an ad for a pharmaceutical company, but I have suffered the pain for a long time and truly sympathise with those that continue to.. and hope that this will at least give some hope or a new avenue for you to try. I know some don’t like the word cured but after being able to function normally Shocked again after  all those years that’s how I feel.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2008 at 9:25pm by demon_tone »  

IP Logged

demon_tone
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Worked extremely well for me -
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 3:39am

Hi .. LOL i hate actully replying to my own comment however I have posted something similar pages ago and just now gotten to looking at the closed comments posted.

alot were related to how .. i might have migraines and not in fact  CH (i just loved that) ...and some related to  the  research that states its useless.

well i have posted this for those that may like something to try an a new avenue " Try"  

didn't see any comments on people that have tried it - just alot of knockers... Damn if it works for you how good would that be?,, and if it doesnt .. well ya no worse off... Knocking me for trying to help is pointless... and people wonder why i dont reply.  
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2008 at 9:26pm by demon_tone »  

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Worked extremely well for me - Chronic sufferer
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:20am

I presume that we're talking about Sandomigran here.  If so, the name that might be more widely recognized is pizotifen.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

demon_tone
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:24am

ty george

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:53am by demon_tone »  

IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 1:08pm

I have read mixed reports on Pizotifen.  It appears to be effective for about 50% of those who use it.  Like anything else, works for some - not for others.  I'm glad it works for you.

Its effectiveness is all rather academic for those of us in the US as Pizotifen is not available here.

IP Logged

demon_tone
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 8:59pm

Here's are some  other natural alternatives -- I am sure there are plenty of postings in regards to these.

Irregular levels of melatonin, which frequently drop during episodes, could be a factor. In a study published in the journal Cephalalgia in 1996, patients reduced the frequency of cluster headaches by taking 10 milligrams of this natural hormone each evening for at least 14 days.Because the worst symptoms of these headaches can come and go quickly, some treatments are applied through the nostrils for faster uptake. Anesthetic use of lidocaine spray is often prescribed, while another study in Cephalalgia in 1993 found that subjects who received nasal applications of capsaicin--the active ingredient in cayenne pepper--twice daily for seven days during episodes had a significant reduction in pain for the following 15 days. (Before trying intranasal capsaicin, get an OK from your doctor.)Ayurveda offers an alternative solution. According to this ancient science, cluster headaches may be a result of a vata-dosha imbalance, says Vasant Lad, B.A.M.S., M.A.Sc., director of the Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, N.M. His remedy to calm the agitating energy of vata: Spread warm ghee (clarified butter) around the inside of each nostril, or rub nutmeg oil on the temples.Since part of headache pain is caused by the swelling of arteries that surround the brain and oxygen may reduce that swelling, oxygen therapy can be another effective strategem to employ at the beginning of an attack. "Inhaling 7 to 10 liters per minute of 100 percent oxygen via a face mask for 15 to 20 minutes has been shown to relieve pain in about 70 percent of cluster headache sufferers, say Marc S. Husid, M.D., a physician with the Walton Headache Center in Augusta, Ga.In addition, people with low ionized-magnesium levels eased symptoms after receiving injections of magnesium sulfate, according to a 1995 report in Headache; however, oral magnesium supplementation was not evaluated.Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 2:41pm

Had Sandomigran in the nineties. Unfortunately it did nothing for me, though I had the max dose.
I was in the army at that time and was getting hit no matter what. The injectables were my only help back then.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!