Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEWBIES:  Pay it Forward ... (Read 2783 times)
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
NEWBIES:  Pay it Forward ...
Jul 27th, 2008 at 1:27am

This topic was brought up elsewhere, and I think it is a good thing to explain to you.  It is called: Pay it Forward

What many of you newbies do not realize, we ALL LOVE to hear that someone is getting some relief from the beast.  Many MANY times, we help them to get that relief.  Maybe by just giving advise, or maybe by actually sending you something, like a mask or regulator.

When we do that, we are not looking for anything in return, or payment.  Our payment is knowing that we are helping someone get some pain free time.  Full payment is when YOU , in turn, help some other clusterhead by either advise, a shoulder to cry on, or if you can afford it, by sending something like a mask or regulator to that person.  This is called Pay it Forward.

I can't tell you how many people have sent masks, regulators, or even a pick-you-up card or flowers to another sufferer, or supporter.  It is done behind the scenes, virtually EVERY day.  We don't do it to get something in return, or even public recognition.  We do it to help.  We do it because we are family.  We do it because we want to.

All any of us ask, in return, when you are able to, Pay it Forward, and help another family member.  It does not have to cost you anything.  Just a shoulder to cry on, or answering questions, or giving suggestions.

Pay it Forward ...

I (and the person that mentioned this) just wanted to explain this concept to you.

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: NEWBIES:  Pay it Forward ...
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 1:40am

You nailed it, Chuck.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 3:58am

Agreed.

When I first came here, I was overwhelmed with all the warm welcomes, advice, so now that I am out of cycle again, the least I can do is check in regularly. Just say welcome, be of any advice or just trying to make someone somewhere who's in pain, crack a smile.
I feel blessed with this wonderful family.

Greetings, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

CH Ron
CH.com Newbie

PF wishes to all!

San Diego, CA
Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 5:04am

Chuck,

I’m already indebted to you and this family.  You had me howling on my introduction post and for that I Thank You!  Laughter is good medicine!

I still have much to learn although I also have a lot of experience.  I sometimes forget how hard it was getting a correct diagnosis and on top of it I had one hell of a battle with my insurance co to get them to pay for my meds.  Zomig isn’t exactly cheap, but I won the battle.

In some ways I’m up here to help as much as I’m looking for help.  I’m a newbie although I hope to be a good family member to those in need.

PF wishes to all!

Ron

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 5:14am

Hi Ron.

I am quite sure you will be valuable member. Judging from your posts you seem to be a grateful man, and grateful people will always wanna pay back (this seems to be horrible english, but ya know what I mean.)
I had the very same experiences here in the beginning, with these wonderful folks!

Chuck is indeed a man with a great sense of humour (as most guys and dolls here are), and he always manages to make me crack a smile, or burst into laughter.

Here's wishing you painfree time soon, Ron, from the Netherlands!

Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 8:29am

Thanks Chuck for the post. As George said - you nailed it....

When out of cycle we sometimes forget that others are still in cycle and need HELP.... Stick around kids and Pay it Forward... help those who are in cycle

And Ron you are right about Chuck being a man of humor... he's even more so in person.... hope you get to meet him - it's a total experience (and I don't believe I'm saying this) - he's one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet (with the exception of me of course Smiley ).

But remember when you receive something from a Clusterbud - nothing is expected in return except that you in turn help someone else. That's Paying it Forward. That's what we're all about.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Greg
CH.com Newbie

I Love You Guys Like Family

Tallahassee Florida
Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 2:20pm

*Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by what takes your breath away*
~Love isn't who you can see yourself with...it's who you can't see yourself without~
~The soul that can speak with it's eyes can also kiss with a gaze~
~Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, and the romance in a relationship and find out you still care for that person.~

Love
Author Unknown
Love is a friendship that has caught fire.
It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving.
It is loyalty through good and bad.
It settles for less than perfection, and makes allowances for human weakness.
Love is content with the present.
It hopes for the future and it doesn’t brood over the past.
It’s the day-in and day-out chronicle of irritations, problems, compromises, small disappointments, big victories, and working toward common goals.
If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things you lack.
If you don’t have it, no matter what else there is,
it is not enough, so search for it, ask God for it, and share it!

Had to through in some love quotes, cause i truly love you guys. The truth is i don't think i could ever match the generosity and knowledge that you've blessed me with sharing. One thing i will promise. I will try as hard as i can for the rest of my life. I love you all and wish us all PF days
                                     Best wishes,
                                                         Greg

IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 7:54pm

Thank you Chuck and you are absolutely right. I found this site last September when I came out of a four year remission. I was not only overwhelmed by the kindness and support here on the boards, but emails and text messages from various members wanting to help. Including a very sincere offer from one member willing to come over to my house and help set up my O2 tanks when they first arrived or to take me to the hospital anytime I needed a ride. (And I know it’s a standing offer)

The members of this site have helped see me through my last two cycles and while it’s easy to go back to your regular life once your cycle is over, I’m trying to stay active and do what I can to return the favor.

Hugs and love to all of you,
~Kris

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:16am

i wouldn't have the word's or the money and i know thats not what your saying, but still i would'nt have enough  for you all.
but a special hug to george chuck and thebzz.
evryone has helped me realize i am not really alone.
I have Christ and you all now thats an army to fight a battle.

karl

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 10:53am

Quote:
i wouldn't have the word's or the money and i know thats not what your saying, but still i would'nt have enough  for you all.

Ah, but you have the ability to help somebody else - maybe somebody you don't even know exists yet. You see, you've always had a heart inside you, Tin Man.

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 11:01am

Chuck I tried to book a flight for Greenville this weekend to look you up but was advised the airport was closed due to some maniac franically rubbing his head with an O2 mask on his nose and tank his back running around pinching butts, I thought alas just my nut bud Chuck.  Thanks for the Post.  This is wonderful place even when your in tears of pain to find solace.  While I am so sorry we're here, I'm so glad we found us. Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

CH Ron
CH.com Newbie

PF wishes to all!

San Diego, CA
Reply #11 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 3:50am

Hey Clusterheads,

Sometimes I don’t know how I did it alone for so long.  Yes, I’m very grateful for this site and I intend to be a regular fixture here… Whether in cycle or not I intend to check in regularly.

To all of you, Thank You for the kind words of support.  I really needed it and just knowing you’re not alone makes one hell of a difference.

Your brother from another mother;-)

Ron

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!