Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Had no clue I was not alone (Read 1472 times)
wcm4
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Had no clue I was not alone
Jul 28th, 2008 at 1:41pm

This site is the best. When I found this site today I finally realized what my Headaches are. I have had them for 16 year starting at age 14 I had all the tests and more. Guess what Migraines were all the doctors told me, so that’s what I have thought for all these years not looking to find the real cause. I learned to deal with the headaches as best I could. I put pressure on my carotid artery for relief I worry weather it has negative effects or not, but it helps. I just got done with a 3.5 week spell and decided to do some research which led me here. I have made and appoint with my doctor and directed him to this website and asked him to do some research before I see him next week, he agreed. I what to thank everyone for sharing their stories and making this site possible, at least now I have some answers.

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: Had no clue I was not alone
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 2:14pm

Hello wcm4,

Let me be the first to wish you a heartely welcome.

Be sure to get a proper diagnosis, as there are many headaches out there. Keep track of duration, intensity, when they occur, frequency. Then see a neurologist with headache experience. If it might turn out you suffer CH, get Oxygen with a non rebreather mask, Imitrex injectables, and a preventative such as Verapamil (worked good for me).
Any other pain of the head/face such as Trigeminal Neuralgia, SUNCT and what have you not, should be ruled out, as they do not seem to respond with the medications I already mentioned. Maybe others here, with more knowledge of headpains, could tell you more.

A great advice I've learned here, is the energy drink for the lesser hits. Make sure they contain both caffeine and taurine, 1000 mgs.
While getting hit, apply an icepack of for instance frozen vegetables to the parts hurting.

Please give us some more info, there's always people willing to help.

Hope you'll be painfree soon again.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 2:26pm

This is the sort of story I like to hear.  If this site and the people here can help a person get a correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment, then it's all worthwhile.

There'll likely be more questions for you, and more treatment options to be discussed in the weeks ahead, after you've seen your doctor.

In the meantime, welcome to CH.com.  Welcome home.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 8:58pm

Hello and a very warm welcome to you.  You are now a part of this family and will be required to bring the main dish at any future pot-lucks.   (Just kidding)

Go here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register;  look around at all the links and print out anything you see that is pertinent.  Come back and ask any questions you might have.  Someone is here 24/7  and will be happy to help you in any way they can.

You are not alone in this anymore.   Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 11:14pm

Welcome!  I'm glad you found us, and sorry you had to come looking.

Many of us have been through the same thing - these hits don't fit the symptoms of migraine, and the migraine cures sure don't work.  I hope that you and your doctor can work together to (sorry, no cure) get this under control.

The folks here are the best!  We are occasionally a little cranky, but probably understandable under the circumstances.  But most of us find life quite pleasant whenever we aren't writhing in pain, and do our best to aggressively enjoy the PF hours to the fullest.

Oxygen has been very very good for many of us.

I won't keep you any longer - read up!

Please keep in touch.

Jon

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 11:13am

Glad you found us, I love how word of this site keeps spreading. You've been given some great advice, just another vote here for oxygen! 30 years of battling beasty and it's still my fist line and most effective abortive treatment. Read the link on the left because it must be used correctly or it's worthless. Welcome to the famliy! Wink

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!