Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do you use O2? (Read 1144 times)
marfanoidus
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|austin|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
How do you use O2?
Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:09pm

Hi all. Four years exactly, and I'm back. This is my 5th cycle, so I'm one of the lucky ones.

I have a question for everyone regarding how you use O2. I find some information suggests breathing it quickly using a mask. (Please know that I am in no way arguing against using a mask - whatever works, do it! Hell, if drinking gasoline would work, I'd drink it)

Something that works better for me is to
a) not use a mask
b) put the end of the air hose in the nostril of the affected side (if it hasn't clogged up yet)
c) breath slowly enough such that my lungs fill with only O2

I'm curious if any of you also have any O2 suggestions that seem to work better for you.

best wishes to all,
marf
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:10pm by marfanoidus »  

Sometimes "What doesn't kill you" makes you wish it had.
marfanoidus  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: How do you use O2?
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 12:16am

Marf,

Check your email

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: How do you use O2?
Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:02am

I know exactly what you mean! I use a positive pressure/demand regulator. I'll take deep slow breaths, holding it for 30 seconds or so, then occasioanlly blast a stream of cold 02 directly into the nose on the effected side. It feels really really good to do that every now and then.

Whatever Batch sent you via PM, read as gospel. The gentleman is our guru on matters of 02!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!