Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Laser vision surgery CH complications (Read 684 times)
SchwarzenSchafe
CH.com Junior

x0|Saskatoon|Canada||0|0|SK,Saskatchewan
Laser vision surgery CH complications
Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:42am

I looked into laser eye surgery today for vision correction from Gimbel Eye Center. Put down clusters as a medical condition and was told that surgery can trigger a cluster attack even in episodics not in cycle. Any clusterheads here had eye surgery that want to share their experience?

I also asked about psychadelic drug use complicating testing or recovery. Pupil diameter is an important part of the test and mine was very large at 8mm, putting me at high risk for some complications. Since dilated (large) pupils are a side effect of the mushrooms I use to treat clusters I thought it might be an issue. It had been 2 weeks since last trip, they didn't seem to think it was an issue, but I don't expect this is an issue given much attention or study.

Any thoughts on CH related to vision correction? I'm looking at PRK as my cornea is too thin for lasek/lasik.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Re: Laser vision surgery CH complications
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 6:29am

I had catarac surgery in both eyes without any problems. Went fine and I can see real good now. didn't even get a headache after the surgery.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!