Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm new and I am also glad to have found this site (Read 4937 times)
smitty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I'm new and I am also glad to have found this site
Aug 1st, 2008 at 1:18am

Hi all,

I am also glad I found this site. I am 34 years old and have been suffering on and off with cluster headaches since 2004. I have had an mri and they didn't find anything wrong. This year I went to my doc and she finally diagnosed me as having cluster headaches. Seems as if I get them in even years, 04, 06, and now 08 and this cycle has lasted for over a month so far. UGH! The pain is so horrible it almost makes me want to hurt myself to stop the pain. I think I scare my boyfriend too at night, but at least he knows what it is now.  Every night around 1:45ish that's when I get mine and he knows what to except, so he kinda lets me do my own thing. For the most part I have learned to deal with them. I prefer putting a cold ice pack on my left side of my head and rocking back and forth in a chair. I get the droopy eye, the running nose, red eyes, and I sweat like crazy for some reason. Still can't figure that one out. I have been wanting to get a good night sleep lately, so I rented an oxygen machine and tried that out the last night during an attack. OMG! What relief! If any of you haven't tried that, I highly recommend. I was worried about having an oxygen machine in our house, but its doing okay. My doctor also perscribed me a calicium channel blocker and vicodin. Anyways, I am just kinda venting and talking here trying to get some insight in understanding cluster headaches and wanted to see what other people experience. I'm also trying to avoid an attack, so sorry if my writing is kinda sloppy. I was also told not to do that, but I just don't want to feel the pain....
I was just looking for some people to talk to and see if there are others out there experiencing this same thing...Thanks!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: I'm new and I am also glad to have found this site
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 1:47am

smitty wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 1:18am:
...so sorry if my writing is kinda sloppy...I was just looking for some people to talk to and see if there are others out there experiencing this same thing...Thanks!

No need for apologies here, Smitty, we know from the inside exactly what you're going through. As to your boyfriend being frightened, well, all I can say is that he's never seen me first thing in the morning.

You've fallen in amongst friends and probably the greatest repository of CH information that exists. Take your time to read the different sections of our little playground, especiallythe stuff about oxygen usage, and ask as many questions as you like.  We'll help you every inch of the way and it's all yours free for nothing.

As to ice packs, there's a common saying here that "frozen peas are my friends". Just beware the bags of frozen mixed-vegetables as they may contain carrots.

Welcome home.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 1:54am

Welcome to your new second home, you should NOT have to just sit and wait for your night time hits, you're episodic like me, meaning you get months or even years of pain free times, then the beast returns. Most episodics find the most success employing a 2 pronged approach.

1: A good preventative meication. This is something you take daily while you are on cycle, getting headaches, with the intention of reducting the number and the intensity of your attacks. I use lithium, other popular prevents are verapamil, (is that the med the doc put you on?) and topomax. Since you get the night time terrors, look into melatonin, an over the counter med you can pick up at health and whole food stores. start with 3-6 mg at bedtime and slowly build up. Many can avoid the night time hits using it.

Many others to read up on and discuss with your doc. You'll hear that phrasing a lot, educate yourself and then assist your doc with your care. If you just sit down in front of your doc and say save me, you're setting yourself up for a lot of pain!!!

2: A good abortive. A head ache has started, now what? You're on the right track with the oxygen "machine" which I assume is a concentrator. You will probably find much better luck using oxygen from a bottle, at a high flow rate, using a non rebreather mask. I can abort a hit in as little as 6 minutes using oxygen. IT SHOULD DEFINITELY BE YOUR FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE!  Other great abortives are imitrex injectables and nasal sprays, many more for you to read up on, educate yourself on, then assist your doctor in your care.

That's  a load of info to dump on you. Most doctors know very little about CH, it is up to you to manage your treatment, in conjunction with a good doc. The good news is you won't ever be alone with this crap again, we all understand exactly what you're going thru. welcome home! Wink

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 2:17am

DARN you, Smitty!  I was just ready to go to bed, but thought I would check the board one more time.  I read your post, and just HAD to respond!

First of all, welcome to the looney bin  ummm ... nut house err .. to the FAMILY!!!  Feel free to ask all the questions you want.  We want to help!

First of all, thanks for the intro.  Just a few questions .. Where do you live?  Not specifically, but what area of the world?  If the states, what state?

Next GLARING problem I saw in your intro is the OXYGEN MACHINE .. REPLACE it with tanks of oxygen!  The machine just bairly does the job.  There are two reasons for this:  One, is that it does not produce PURE oxygen.  From what I hear, it fluctuates between 85 to 95% pure.  Second, it does not produce the flow rate that works best (and fastest) for us.

The oxygen tanks have about 99.9% pure oxygen in them.  You can get regulators that can produce 15LPM, almost anywhere.  A little harder to find, but better and quicker to abort, are the regulators that release up to 25LPM.  Then there are those that go up to 50LPM, but are much harder to find.  Oxygen machines (that you can get for your house) can't get close to that production level!  Talk to your doctor about changing over.

Next, about the night time attacks.  This is virtually consistent with all sufferers.  The dreaded night time hits.  What happens, is that when you reach the REM stage of sleep, the beast comes knocking on your head.  These are generally more severe, and harder to abort, because by the time we wake up, the hit has been able to build to a much higher level, before we were aware of it, and then attempt to abort it.  The daytime hits, we feel sooner, and start our abort method sooner. (like oxygen)

One over the counter medication that helps a LOT of sufferers get a good night's sleep, is melatonin.  Take it about 45 minutes before you plan on going to bed.  Start with a low dose, of 3mg, and see if that works.  If not, after a few days, up it a bit.  Some take 15mg to get it to work.  Your body reacts differently than others, so you just have to try what works for you.

Hurting yourself is NOT recommended, while you are getting a hit, but many of us do that.  I, myself, tend to be a head banger.  Meaning while I am getting a bad hit, I bang my head on the floor.  I have done it hard enough, at times, to break the skin and bleed.

Try not to do this.  The calmer you are, the easier it is to abort.

Sweating is a VERY common trait of clusterheads.  There have been several clusterheads that have held me, while I am getting hit, and they have told me that my body temperature sky rockets, almost to the point that it hurts them to touch me.  So sweating is very normal.  I believe it is even listed as one of the possible symptoms of cluster headaches.

Points to remember:
- You are a clusterhead.  That makes you a VERY strong individual, even if you don't think you are!
- NEVER let the beast win!  You are stronger and more stubborn than he is!
- DON'T dwell on hits, and the pain of the hits.  DO thoroughly enjoy the time between hits, and live life to the fullest!
- Do NOT let clusters rule your life!  Continue to live and enjoy your pain free time.  Live life to its fullest!
- You CAN survive this!  Cluster headaches, by themselves, can not kill you!  It makes you stronger!

Anyhow, ask away, and good luck in fighting the beast!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

smitty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:11pm

Thank you all very much for the very warm welcome. I already feel at home. A little intro...
I live in Texas and my name is Kelly. Thanks for the tips and information. My doctor prescribed me Cartia 120MG and it is an oxygen concentrator machine. Its big! Kinda feel funny having it in my room. I noticed how quickly it eased the pain the first time I tried it. I was just really impressed with it. I'd rather use something natural like that then taking another drug. By the way, I liked the peas comment. LOL! The ice just feels really soothing to me.  Oh another thing, I also noticed when I get extremely sweaty I kinda get nausiated. I wasn't sure if that was normal or not? The pain is so excrutiating and I always feel it right behind my eye. I also had someone suggest that I get a sleep study done. Do any of you know if sleep apnea my be a cause for cluster headaches? I do have a tendency to hold my breath sometimes while I sleep. Not sure if I asked this question already, but does high blood pressure have something to do with it too? I do thank you for taking the time to write to me before you went to sleep. I read and read about CH's on the internet, but for me I like talking about it. I have been reading your site and its very information. Oh, and I will try not to hurt myself...I usually lean towards one of my kitty's and pet them or sit in the bathroom where its dark and quiet. Quiet is always good! Smiley I will be visiting this site more and more!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:37pm

Some on the board have sleep apnea and use the CAP? machine, but it doesn't appear to be a contributing factor to CH. Same with high blood pressure, some on the board have it, many don't. Near as anyone can tell it's  defective hypothalamus. I get somewhat nauseous when I'm really hurting, never throw up and believe it's just the pain making me ill.

The oxygen has been an absolute miracle for me, and I agree with you, it's so much better to use that then to have to introduce yet  ANOTHER  chemical into my poor body. One of the reasons its popularity on the board is sky rocketing. Keep firing away with the questions, knowledge is power.

Guiseppi

IP Logged

smitty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:08pm

Guiseppi, I am like that too. I get nauseated, but never throw up. You are probably right about the pain making you feel that way. This CH cycle I am having right now seems to be lasting longer then other cycles I have had before. I hate it sometimes when I wake up in the morning my eyes are always bloodshot it must look funny to people at the office. Its been over a month. I think I read somewhere that a cycle can last that long. After my CH is over which is usually around 3:45am or 4am...I will fall asleep and wake up like its never happened. Although, sometimes I will have ones linger on through out the whole day. They aren't as painful, but you can feel it kinda like pulsating. Not sure how to describe that headache pain. Is that normal for it to kinda linger a little bit you think? Because I read you can get them during the day, but mine always wake me up from the deep sleep. I know I keep rambling, but now I am full of questions and I am just writing as they come to mind. Smiley I like understanding what I am feeling.

Thanks for your postings too Chuck, and AussieBrian.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:10pm by smitty »  

IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:34pm

I use cpap and found I sleep better thru a cycle but its not perfect by any means.
oxygen at the levels these other fine educated others have mentioned is sound good well tested and proved advise. might throw an energy drink like rock star or red bull to help too.

Karl

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:43am

You are describing what we on the board call "shadows." That lingering feeling that a headache really wants to start, it's the same clawing inside your head feeling, but it never blows up into a full scale attack. Very common for many of us.

Now the bad news, CH morphs constantly. Even though you've always had a one or two month cycle, suddenly you'll catch a 3-6 month cycle. Just the nature of the beast.

My eyes don't stay bloodshot, but on cycle, I have the wicked droopy eye that my wife willnotice before I do!

If all of your hits are wake up hits, DEFINITELY  get to the health food store and get you some melatonin. Start with 3 mg at bed time and build up until you start seeing postive results. Helps many avoid the night time terrors, keep rambling and asking question!!!

Guiseppi

IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #9 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 11:30am

HI Kelly,
I saw on your first post that your Dr perscribed Vicodin. I had a lot of Drs pushing that on me before I was diagnosed, it just make me tired and nauseous.

Talk to your Dr about Imitrex instead (and O2 tanks, not a machine) Most of us use Imitrex either injectable or nasal spray, except for those that can take it doue to health issues. Just don't let the Dr give you the pills - they take too long to work.

Sorry you have to be here, but welcome,

Kris

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #10 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 12:39am

Hi Kelly-

If you notice after a couple of weeks that the Cartia isn't doing the job-  ask the doctor to up the dosage or switch you to verapamil.  I started on Cartia too at 240 mg-  while it is a calcium channel blocker- it didn't touch the headaches.  A different neuro put me on verapamil ( also a calcium channel blocker) and put me on a much higher dosage- I was up to 660mg- stopped my headaches altogether- 

There are also other preventative meds out there that others take and report success with - topomax, lithium, depakote etc...  Read all that you can to arm yourself for the next doctors visit

My last cycle was much much longer than any that I have ever had. Cycles used to last only a couple weeks and prednisone along could end the cycle.  This time not so lucky.  It's frustrating but the relief you experience when the cycle ends if you are episodic is wonderful... In time ,even when you've had a hellish cycle, you begin to forget about the horror you experienced and life settles a bit-   In between cycles I stock up on my abortives (stockpile)  and have a refill of my verapamil ready.  I still always have an abortive in my car, in my office desk etc just in case

Vicoden probably won't help much-  makes me toss my cookies  Smiley when I'm not in cycle-

Good luck to you and hoping you get some pain free time coming

Kelly

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #11 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 10:40am

Warm welcome, Smitty. Smiley

Wishing you PF time,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #12 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 12:10pm

Cephalalgia. 2003 May;23(4):276-9. Related Articles, Links

Cluster headache associated with sleep apnoea.

Nobre ME, Filho PF, Dominici M.

Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. eduarda@imagelink.com.br

This study of sleep changes in patients with cluster headache (CH) was conducted in view of the nocturnal predominance of this condition, the efficacy of oxygen and the fact that the attacks follow oxygen desaturation. Proposed mechanisms include impairment of carotid body activity secondary to hypothalamic vasomotor regulatory dysfunction. Sixteen patients with episodic CH and 29 healthy volunteers underwent nocturnal polysomnography. Five (31.3%) patients with episodic CH were found to have sleep apnoea (SA). Two patients with SA experienced two attacks during the study period. The attacks followed episodes of oxygen desaturation and were associated with REM sleep. In two patients with SA and CH, treatment with continuous positive airway pressure abolished their oxygen desaturation, sleep apnoeas and headaches. OUR STUDY CONFIRMED THE HIGH PERCENTAGE OF CH ASSOCIATED WITH SA. WE SUGGEST THAT OXYGEN DESATURATION MAY BE A TRIGGER FACTOR IN SOME PATIENTS AND PLAY A ROLE IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF CH.

Publication Types:
Comparative Study

PMID: 12716345 [PubMed]

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

smitty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #13 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 6:12pm

Interesting. Thanks, Bob_Johnson for that post. I will have to do some further researching.

One thing I don't understand is how can you go for days with having a CH waking you from a deep sleep and the one night you don't have anything? Happened last night. The only thing I was happy about I got a full night's rest.

I'm seriously thinking about a sleep study. I can sorta feel my breathing passages getting blocked. At least its what it feels like to me.

IP Logged

smitty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #14 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 6:15pm

Interesting. Thanks, Bob_Johnson for that post. I will have to do some further researching.

One thing I don't understand is how can you go for days with having a CH waking you from a deep sleep and the one night you don't have anything? Happened last night. The only thing I was happy about I got a full night's rest.

I'm seriously thinking about a sleep study. I can sorta feel my breathing passages getting blocked. At least its what it feels like to me.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #15 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 8:57pm

Headache. 2004 Jun;44(6):607-10. 

Obstructive sleep apnea and cluster headache.

Graff-Radford SB, Newman A.

The Pain Center, Cedars Sinai Medical Center and UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA.

A patient with cluster headache often wakes from sleep. The relationship to sleep apnea has been described. This study sought to confirm the relationship cluster may have with sleep apnea. METHODS: Thirty-nine consecutive patients diagnosed with episodic cluster headache according to the International Headache Society (IHS) criteria were sent for polysomnographic studies. All patients were in an active phase when they were in the study. Patients were told of the proposed relationship and were allowed to choose a sleep laboratory close to their home. RESULTS: Thirty-one patients with episodic cluster headache completed an overnight polysomnographic study. Twenty-three were male and eight female. The average age was 51 years (range 33 to 78 years). The average weight was 173 pounds (range 117 to 260 pounds). A total of 80.64% had sleep apnea (25/31). Average respiratory depression index (RDI) was 19.0 (SD 14.6) with 6 patients having no apnea, 10 having mild, 11 having moderate, and 4 having severe apnea (RDI < 5 = none; RDI 5 to 20 mild; RDI 20 to 40 moderate; RDI > 40 severe). Oxygen saturation decreased on average to 88.4% SD 4.5. Sleep efficiency was 76.2% (SD 13.4). CONCLUSIONS: The data closely approximate those of Chervin et al, where 80% had RDI > 5.

THE RELATIONSHIP SLEEP APNEA HAS IN THE PERPETUATION OR PRECIPITATION OF CLUSTER HEADACHE IS STILL TO BE DETERMINED. THERE ARE SOME REPORTS THAT TREATMENT STOPS THE CLUSTER BUT THERE IS NO PROSPECTIVE STUDY. THE HIGH INCIDENCE (80.64%) SEEN IN THIS POPULATION SUGGESTS THE CLUSTER PATIENT SHOULD RECEIVE A SLEEP EVALUATION AND PERHAPS INTERVENTION WITH CONTINUOUS POSITIVE AIRWAY PRESSURE (CPAP) OR AN APPROPRIATE DENTAL DEVICE.

PMID: 15186306 

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

blawrence
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #16 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 11:27am

Hey Kelly - just wanted you to know that my CH has had an O2 concentrator for almost five years now and it does work to abort his headache in as little as 8 to 10 minutes.  He also has a portable tank that he keeps with him for emergencies and he gets the same result with both the tank and the generator.

Brooke

IP Logged

CH Ron
CH.com Newbie

PF wishes to all!

San Diego, CA
Reply #17 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 12:47am

Yo Kelly,

Welcome!  You won’t find a better informed bunch of people on this earth when it comes to CH.  These people are great and have helped me immensely.

I’ve gotten a lot of great info from this nut house and they’ve convinced me to try out O2. I really can’t add to what has already been said above except to try melatonin.  It has really helped me beat the night time beast and has given me a life again.  No sleep = no life.

Best wishes and PF times to you,

Ron

IP Logged

smitty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #18 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:29pm

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and advice. It is very much appreciated.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #19 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 12:38pm

Welcome Fellow Texan.... with the weather we've been having it's no wonder you're hurting -- of course I'm chronic so I'm used to it.... Smiley I live in Douglassville (about 40 miles S of Texarkana) - if you're anywhere in the area give me a call and we'll have lunch or something. I'm an experience to meet in person Cheesy (no wise cracks Chuck!)

O2 O2 O2 .... First line of defense... Chuck and Joe sold me on it. High flow rate (25 liters per minute is the BEST) with a NON-REBREATHER mask or a Clustermask. I can usually abort really quick without the use of the usual abort meds (which I HATE). You can always make a "skirt" for the tanks if they bother you. They can make a fashion statement.

Energy drinks (Red Bull or others with at least 1000mg of Taurine) - if I have over a 5-6 - I usually chug a can along with the O2. Works most of the time.

Pain meds are usually worthless for CH. Sometimes 3 Excedrin ES will work a lot better. We've found that they cause rebound headaches that are usually worse than the originals.

Stick around and read read read. We've got 100 of years worth of information here on this site from Clusterheads (and a few Clusteridiots) but it's worth the read and we're here to help. That's what we do in Clusterville.

And I'm serious about lunch. If you're anywhere in the East Texas area PM me and we'll see about a Meet and Greet. It's great meeting another Cher. I've met 100s of them and never met a stranger yet.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #20 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 11:47pm

BarbaraD wrote on Aug 6th, 2008 at 12:38pm:
It's great meeting another Cher. I've met 100s of them and never met a stranger yet.

This is GENERALLY a true statement ... UNTIL you meet Barb!

She is stranger than ANYONE you will ever meet!   Grin  Smiley   Smiley   Smiley

(That ditzy old dame!)

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

smitty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #21 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 2:26am

Hi Barbara, thanks for the message. I'm in the Austin area. Always nice to meet a fellow Texan. The weather this summer has been crazy hot! I can't wait for fall! I never had these when I lived in Illinois. I lived there my whole life up in till about 8 years ago. Its been a few weeks since my last CH and it seems as if my headaches have suddenly stopped. So freaking weird. I will only get these little pounding ones every so often through out the day. I'm not sure if my medicine is working or if its the 02. I have actually had a few nights sleep all the way through and man it feels of f**cking good!!!! I forgot what sleep is. Now I am still having this issue with my throat closing up when I try to close my eyes. Its like my brain knows why I am falling asleep and boom my throat tightens up. Haha of course it knows...I am so out of it...better to be this way! Smiley I probably did not say that correctly, but I am half out of it. I took some vicodin early to try to knock me out, but like I said it just made me feel weird. I don't think throat tightening has anything to do with the headaches as far as I have read. Maybe I just need more 02. Maybe its my anxiety. Who knows!!! Guess I need to go back to the doctor. Oh and is that normal for CH's to just stop out of the blue like that? I guess this cycle must before. Yeah me!

I hope everyone has PF days soon!!! Ya'll have been so helpful! Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2008 at 2:29am by smitty »  

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #22 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 8:45am

Smitty,

Be careful with the Vicodin -- it can cause rebounds and they hurt...

Austin is a little far for lunch, but.... who knows when I might be down that way -- I"m kinda like a bad penny Smiley  never know when or where I'll turn up....  Steve is in Austin -- he's ok - just a little scary when you first meet him (just kidding Steve). I recognized him in a parking lot in Tyler - weird but true - was hugging him before I even knew his name (I'm OLD I can get away with things like that.) Wink

O2 is wonderful isn't it? Energy drinks are great too (be sure they have have at least 1000 mg of taurine in them) and melatonin at night works most of the time for those night hits.

As far as being afraid to go to sleep.... I take melatonin and don't worry about it. Most of the time I sleep thru the night and am rested up for the day hits. Then I give the beast *&&^()!!!! My best friend is my O2 tank.

Hang in there.... and hopefully your cycle is at the end this time... Stick around and read up on everything so you'll be ready for the next one......

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!