Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
your triggers (Read 6322 times)
Brent212
CH.com Newbie

Campbell, CA
Re: your triggers
Reply #25 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 1:25am

maalstroom wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 6:35pm:
Emily, of course after some 15 years of episodic CH I know Ibuprofen, paracetamol and what have you not, will do nothing to stop the hit (duh..... thanx to the Dutch guy for pointing out the obvious  Grin).
But I find it interesting you mention them as triggers. I too have thought that on many occassions, but wasn't really sure. They could be though.  I have noticed several times that when I took some of those against hightened muscle tension, I would be rewarded with a lovely 8 or higher.

I've always suspected this, but thought it must just be my imagination. I never read that the usual headache medicines don't work on CHs until today, so I've always used them (been a CH sufferer for about 7 or 8 years). I thought they worked somewhat, because my CHs will go away eventually (1 to 2 hours usually), but maybe that's how long the CHs would last regardless of whether or not I take them.

The thing I HAVE noticed, is that within a minute or two after popping the pills (usually excedrin, but sometimes tylenol), my CH that I could barely detect coming on will all of the sudden just explode. I always thought it was probably just because that's what it would do regardless of whether I took the medicine or not, but maybe it is actually triggering the attack.

Whenever it happens, I imagine the CH being a living thing, and I always think something like "damn... I've pissed the beast off". It's like I've awakened the CH.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!