Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stammering (Read 3133 times)
Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Stammering
Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:52am

Does anyone else stammer really badly when in cycle?

Even if I'm not getting hit and it's just shadows, I lose the ability to speak. In fact, my OH and top supporter has started to use it as a queue to grab coffee and an ice-pack.

I am a public speaker by trade, so don't usually suffer from anything like this! Perhaps that's why I notice it more.

Em

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Re: Stammering
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:08pm

I am completely unable to carry on a conversation while in cycle.  I forget thoughts and cannot concentrate on what I am saying much less what others are saying to me. 

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 3:14pm

LOL! I have the same affliction, and I have no excuse!
Emily, that's not fun if your career involves public speaking.....does it help at all to go back to the days of rehearsing?
Lord, how I hate the beast..taking away anything he can!!!

Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 5:34pm

very hard to communicate when i am in cycle.

Karl

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 6:08pm

Cathi - rehearsing doesn't help. I'm a trainer, so stand up in a class room in a corporate environment. I need to be thinking on my feet, answering questions and it's so frustrating!!!

I'm so glad it's not just me. Not really getting hit at the moment, but with the stormy, weird weather here my head is all over the place and I've turned into a jibbering wreck!!

Thank you folks.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:12pm

Yep!  I do alot of trainings myself too- horrible feeling not to be able communicate effectively-  I attributed it to verapamil for me

kelly

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:41pm

mezza wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:12pm:
I attributed it to verapamil for me

I believe verap to cause it to happen to me as well.....higher the dose....the more trouble I have with getting my thoughts out as spoken word.

B

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #7 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:33am

Jeannie wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:08pm:
I am completely unable to carry on a conversation while in cycle.  I forget thoughts and cannot concentrate on what I am saying much less what others are saying to me.  

Jeannie

Damn that Dopeymax.

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #8 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 3:39am

Dopeymax used to mess with my thoughts badly as well.

What comes to speaking during pain.... I just don't. I just get the energy drink and deal with it, in silence. Timo has actually a few times asked why I didn't tell him that I'm in pain; I thought it was much quicker to just run to the kitchen and mention about it later.

IP Logged

Conor
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 6:10pm

I find I slur my words and get my words confused, forget simple words mid sentence, hate when it happens Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!