Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
02 help (Read 1526 times)
BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
02 help
Aug 5th, 2008 at 5:30pm

Hi all

Im having great difficulty with the 02 when i use it the bag emptys to quick and when its empty it feels really tuff to breath the 02 and i cant figure out what im doing wrong i was thinking i was breathing to deeply but if i dont breath deaply and exhale hard the valve does not work and the bag fills from my breathing

i had a 2 hour long kip 10 today and the imigran didnt work and i was in to much pain to calmly use the 02  i felt like i was gonna suffercate any advice is greatly appreciated i really cant do another kip 10 today

thanks in advance guys PF wishes to you all

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Re: 02 help
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 7:05pm

Brian, sorry you are having trouble getting the proper o2 delivery that you need. Others will be along soon to help but for now you have me who uses o2 and it worked very well with my last cycle.
I too, feel like I might need to get more o2 at a higher rate and volume but for now what I do works for me so that is a godsend.

Take care, and if I can help let me know.

Barry

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 9:39pm

Brian, I have some questions to ask you, about your usage.

First of all, what flow rate are you using?  Are you using an old re-breather mask?  Maybe it has defective valves.

You need at least 15 LPM, normally, but maybe your lung capacity is such that it needs a higher flow rate.  Something like one that goes up to 25LPM, or higher.  

I have switched over to a demand valve system.  It goes to whatever volume you can suck in.  I swear by it.  In my mind it is FAR superior to the old LPM method.  The drawback is its cost.  To get the right regulator, mask, hose, etc. it can cost you in the $300 to $500 price range, but to me, and others that have switched to it, it is WELL worth the cost!

I hope this helps.  Ask more questions, if you have them.  We want you to get the relief that oxygen can provide.  It makes life livable again.

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 7:14am

Hi thx guys

it does not matter what mask i use weather old or new it seems to be the same

i do get reliefe from it and it really does help but its the times i wake in the middle of a hit and cant stay calm the flow does not seem high enough

i am a big guy and dont get enough from the 02 at 15lpm being a brit i get the 02 on script but they only do it to 15lpm i was thinking one them cluster masks may be better for me the ones i get from the 02 guys are a little crappy hard to get a tight fit to

im out of imigran shots to and doc wont give me them on repeat i have to see him first next appointmant 2 days time it sux Angry

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 8:50am

Get a high flow regulator and turn it up. 15 lpm is not enough.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 5:37pm

Hi
Ya i figured that, problem is the 02 place only go as high as 15lpm and the masks are a little cheap.

I do get relief its just hard sometimes.

PF wishes to you all

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!