Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
help (Read 2795 times)
sparkles
CH.com Newbie

x0|adelaide|Australia||0|0|
help
Aug 4th, 2008 at 7:20am

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with cluster headaches in February this year and every lucky not have another attack till last weekend,( still suffering sightly)
Just wanted to hello and hopefully make some friends who understand what I'm going through.
love & hugs
sparkles Smiley

Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: help
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:12am

Hi Sparkles!  Welcome to the nut house  Smiley 

As you already know this place is loaded with experience, knowledge and compassion.  Read everything and ask any questions that come up.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

sparkles
CH.com Newbie

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:26am

Thanks Dennis,
Thanks for the reply.
I have just coming through the denial process of thinking it would just be one off and it would not happen again, feeling very silly now, and still not really wanting to deal with future with cluster headaches.
Sparkles
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:27am by sparkles »  

Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:38am

What's wrong with denial?  I swear by it.

G'day Sparkles.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

sparkles
CH.com Newbie

Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:47am

G'day Aussiebrian
Freezin cold and raining here Adelaide, you helped me heaps back in February (patch) but just coming to terms with every thing now.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:57am

Hi Sparkles and welcome to your new family. Sorry you have to be here but you are not alone with this anymore.

Can you tell us what your doc is doing for you as far as meds and such? o2 is a number one defense for most of us here.
100% o2 at 15 lpm with a NON-REBREATHER MASK at the very first sign of a on-coming hit. This is my abortive that works so good for me and I take Verapamil as a prevent. Talk to your doc about what might work for you.

Others will be along soon to say hi and hang in there and deal with these CH's one day at a time. Read all there is to your left and print off some info about meds and the o2 for your doc if he or she does not respond to what you need.

Nice to meet you.

Barry Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:59am

Pleasure's mine, darlin'.  That's what we're here for (though I must mention that the beer never arrived).

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

sparkles
CH.com Newbie

Reply #7 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 9:18am

Hello
Barry  big thanks for the welcome.
I'm  going to try to get some info ready for Doctor's appt  on Friday.

I'm studying to be Optician while holding down full time job and mum of 2, does any one know can stress trigger an attack?

luv
Sparkles

ps Brian maybe the postie drank the beer lol Grin

l

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #8 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 9:59am

Hi Sparkles!

A warm welcome to you!  Wishing you a very short cycle and many  PFDs.

Take care,

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #9 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 10:28am

welcome sparkles, you asked about stress,,, wel, countless times "triggers" have been the topic of discussion around here, and the only thing that is constant about CH is, NOTHING IS CONSTANT. just arm yourself with knowledge and be prepared for a hit with whatever abortives work best for you.  Good luck.    Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #10 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 10:31am

Stress is a funny one. For some, like me, extended stress can bring on an attack. For others, coming down from stress is what triggers the attack. Hoping your cycle is a short one!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 2:03pm

Denial doesn't exist.

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #12 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 6:51pm

Hi Sparkles sorry you're here but here's wishing you days of pain are limited and PF days are soon to come.  As Tuck and Gusisppi said on stress I think I am more prone to get hit coming off that during high stress as I am under high stress most of the time.  Currently I am in high cycle 6 to 10 hits a day, but my stress level is really not very high.  Take care and hit the O2 quick.  Don't wait until you know for sure if it is the monster err on the side of being wrong.  Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

sparkles
CH.com Newbie

Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 6:09am

Thank you  very much for all your support everyone  gave me yesterday, it was amazing.
I'm trying to read up as much as i can, but the computer kills my head  Sad
At least the feeling of having a knitting needle poking in my left eye over and over again has gone today  Smiley
thanks again f
Sparkles

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!