Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Live in the UK? Well you should! (Read 7647 times)
Pete
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Live in the UK? Well you should!
Reply #25 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 8:04am

Ah don't be like that! It's just banter! Healthy debate! Bigup the states!! This isn't a competition anyway. Your pain's the same as mine and I'd share my FREE drugs with you any time! Seriously though, no offence we're in the same boat here and with all your health spending I'm expecting a cure state-side pretty dam quick!!!

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #26 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 8:08am

Pete wrote on Aug 15th, 2008 at 7:26am:
Yes I'm captive! Captured by an evil woman who lets me drink in public places when I'm 18 on a 

And your point is here?  I don't necessarily agree with the 21 year old age limit here, but, to my knowledge, there are many places in the US that you can drink on Sunday (in public places).  However, I don't think that drinking in public places is something that elevates anyone to a superior level of conciousness.

me do this thing called "a trial" when I get arrested, and when I get arrested   

Don't know where you're getting this information, but unless one plea bargains, EVERYONE is entitled to a trial.

when I get arrested, and when I get arrested I'm not even allowed to sit in an electric chair! 

Again, your point is?  I live in a death penalty state and in more than one instance, I'd be glad to assist in placing that needle.

You be a good liberal and buy things and buy things, but as soon as you can't buy anymore you may aswell be dead and your health system will lend a helping hand to that!!

I'm not making any friends here am I! 

You've got t bassackwards here, my friend.  It's the liberals that want to *expand* on social services, not the conservatives.

I'm not making any friends here am I! 

Very possibly not.  Exit, stage left.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #27 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 2:33pm

Please play nice, kids.

Let's agree to disagree.
As far as I'm concerned, I'm very happy with a lot of European customs, such as the health care system. For 115 euro's a month I can get almost anything I'd need, very happy about my insurance company.
And for that matter, I feel everyone should be entitled to medical care, even if they can't afford it, for instance junkies or hobo's. They are part of our society, and someone's son or daughter. As a society we are responsable for the vulnerable.

But there are matters better handled by the Americans. I'd go for the second amendement, and death penalty.

O well, what do I know?  Wink

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #28 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 3:59pm

Helen, aka LeLimey, asked me to post (as a Brit who spends a tremendous amount of time of US soil) that she definitely as an opinion about this thread, but she is going out of town and won't be able to respond until she gets back home (Paul's).

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #29 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 5:25pm

This thread has gotten a little pointless we all know both ways have there merits and there bad points whats the point in continuing this thread ??

So true i think it needs saying a third time

each has there good points and bad points and besides we all deal with enough crap with out arguing with eachother over nonsence

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #30 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 4:27pm

I don't know why I'm getting into this fray, but I am.

I'm not saying that I want socialized medicine or that my government take care of all of my medical needs at no out of pocket cost to me.  What I am saying, as one of those "middle class" American's, with no employer sponsored insurance plan, I am having to buy my own personal  health insurance.  It covers no drugs.  It gives me limited ($75,000) coverage for only catastrophic care, such as maiming, cancer, heart attack, lengthy hospitalization.  I have no doctor visits covered.  No co-insurance.  No dental, eye care, nothing.  It pays only if I'm hospitalized with a biggie.  For this privilege, I am paying, just for little old me alone - not my husband  $475.00 per month.  Plus the fact, that nothing will be covered if one of those "biggies" happens to involving my knees because of pre-existing conditions.  My insurance is "rated" because at the age of 18 I destroyed one knee and damaged the other in a skiing fall.  I'm 62 years old. 

I think this is atrocious. 

My son-in-law was severely injured in an accident a few years ago (his first motorcycle accident - he had his second one a year ago).  He was almost killed, spent weeks in the hospital, seven surgeries (he's got as much metal in his body as an airplane), and almost a year in a wheelchair.  He was a young man, 20 years old, with a good but low paying job that he could no longer do - hence, no income.  His hospital bills were pushing $600,000, and his company health insurance paid only a fraction of it because that's all that was offered, and all he could afford to pay at the time.  He had to file bankruptcy which still shows on his credit report, interfering with his ability to establish credit, buy a car, buy a home with my daughter.  His bankruptcy will fall off in a few months, yet he was financially penalized for for seven years for something that was not his fault from the beginning. 

I think this is atrocious. 

The health care system in the US is broken and in need of a major overhaul.  Why do we pay $500 for prescription meds here, when we can buy the exact same drug in Canada for $150?  Why should we pay exorbitant insurance premiums for bare minimum coverage because of something that happened to our bodies 45 years ago (knee)?

Why??? The GD almighty DOLLAR!  That's why.

I love my country - wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  But, I think it's gotten to the point where my country loves big business more than it loves me.  I'm more than willing to pay increased taxes to my country if my country will make sure that I'm not left in bankruptcy and destitute should I have an illness or an accident.  Raise my taxes and give me low cost insurance premiums for adequate coverage, give me low cost prescription meds, with the balance subsidized by the government through my taxes. 

Off soapbox now.

Let the flaming begin.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 4:42pm

I said it in another thread, and I'll say it again here: Never love anything that can't love you back. It only leads to heartache and disappointment.

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #32 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 5:32pm

Quote:
I said it in another thread, and I'll say it again here: Never love anything that can't love you back. It only leads to heartache and disappointment.

Brew,

You are absolutely right, and that a sad commentary.  My husband, hopefully my two daughters, and my dog love me as much as I love them.  My cat??? I'm disappointed - she only loves herself Grin

To me the term "love" means unconditional - no matter what. 

So, OK, I'll change what I said above.  I "conditionally" love my country and it "unconditionally" does not love me back. 

I feel better now Wink 

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!