Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hi From Ireland (Read 2919 times)
Conor
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

hi From Ireland
Aug 7th, 2008 at 6:16pm

Hi, new member here and fellow CH sufferer. Glad to have found a good support group for CH! Been suffering with it for the last year and it's a severe case. I have gone for the CT scans, teeth x-rayed looking for anything causing the pain but my doctors have confirmed it sadly.

Also if my grammar is bad at times the reason is most likely the pain, I find doing things during a minor attack helps but sadly am struck down some times. I'm ranting now so Il stop, but Hi and this looks a great site!!

IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Re: hi From Ireland
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 7:53pm

Hun don't worry about it. This is the place to rant. We're here to listen. Now please tell us a little about what you're taking/doing for your CH and any other information that could be usefull. The more we know the more we can suggest to help. Hang in there my friend and welcome home.

Broken

I won't let myself down even if it means I can't make you proud. Its my life I gotta do what I feel is right. No one can stop me now. This clusterhead child is gonna show the world how
Felicia They.Call.Me.Alice little_black_flame@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:20pm

Yes, welcome HOME!

Tell us a little more about yourself, your age, which testicle hangs lower, your symptoms, and what medications you are taking.  Both abortive, and preventative medications or means of dealing with the beast.

By telling us nosy bastards interested fellow sufferers, maybe we can help you deal with the beast.

Chuck

(BTW, regardless of what others may say about me, I am NOT a depraved sicko!)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:26pm

welcome conor!

Kelly

IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:31pm

ClusterChuck wrote on Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:20pm:
Yes, welcome HOME!

Tell us a little more about yourself, your age, which testicle hangs lower, your symptoms, and what medications you are taking.  Both abortive, and preventative medications or means of dealing with the beast.

By telling us nosy bastards interested fellow sufferers, maybe we can help you deal with the beast.

Chuck

(BTW, regardless of what others may say about me, I am NOT a depraved sicko!)

No you're just special Chuck and that's why we like you. Strange and all. Wink Kiss

Broken

I won't let myself down even if it means I can't make you proud. Its my life I gotta do what I feel is right. No one can stop me now. This clusterhead child is gonna show the world how
Felicia They.Call.Me.Alice little_black_flame@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:49pm

Houdy from Montana, and welcome. Getting through CH without CH.com is like baking a pie without the crust. Cool
See ya on the boards
thebb

Sorry Chuck but you are too.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:49pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 11:21pm

Quote:
Sorry Chuck but you are too.

I AM
NOT!!!

<pout pout> Cry

<STOMPING my foot> Angry

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 1:41am

Chuck rides the short bus    AND wears a cute helmet....it actually adds to his charm!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Conor
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 5:03am

Im in my mid 20's, in great physical condition, meds wise at the moment I am trying Lyrica along with painkillers although they never work, Iv taken lots of meds, names I can't even remember. symptom wise Its the usual searing pain, either left or right side and at times straight down the center as if my skull is being sliced open.

I stagger like a drunk during an attack, lose sensation in my body, slur words, forget simple words, can't finish sentences, and just suffer great pain I guess.

Thanks for the warm welcome by the way!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 6:08am

First and as soon as possible, we need to get you oxygen. Sounds weird but it will sound like a broken record after a while. Pure oxygen, at a high flow rate, at least 15 LPM, using a non re breather mask, started at the first sign of an attack. I can abort an attack in less then 10 minutes, often in as little as 6 minutes. Read the link to the left, "Oxygen Info" and get to your doctor. 30 years of battling these damned things, oxygen is still my first line abortive and my most effective.

Wishing you pain free times really soon!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Conor
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 11:31am

Thanks for the tip Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 3:13pm

I know the Irish are tough and that includes you.  You've gotten some good tips. Now go apply them and get off the pain pills.  They are no good. Get to a doc and ask about the following medications

Predisone, verapamil, lithium,  topamax, imitrex and most important is Oxygen.  Some of the meds may have different names in Ireland.
Stay strong, get better and God bless the Irish!

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!