Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My CH'S are back (Read 1817 times)
MRSSMITH216
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

My CH'S are back
Aug 10th, 2008 at 10:08am

Hi everyone

It has been two years PF and at 4:30 am I woke up with a CH it was a 10 !  I did not know what to do at first then I remember my Imitrex which is the one thing that helps me I went to the bathroom to find 1/2 of a 6 mg shot left arrrrrr... I should have gotten that refill! I took what I had that did nothing!! After 1 hour I told my husband I had to take a visit to the ER I just got home I am tired and sad THEY ARE BACK  Cry

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: My CH'S are back
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 10:26am

Fair dinkum, board-names can be so deceiving.  At first glance I presumed you to be female and we all know that women don't get CH. 

What next?  They'll want to vote and won't that be the downfall of nations!!

That being said, hope your armoury's fully stocked before lunch and don't fire warning shots.  Go for the heart everytime, mate, and dance on his grave.

We'll go bail for ya,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 5:57am

I'm so sorry that your ch is back... I hope that this will be a short visit, followed by a long, long remission.

PF wishes,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 8:52am

Do you have O2? And REd Bull and melatonin.  Staples for CH....

If you haven't been around in two years, you need to read up....

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

MRSSMITH216
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:03am

Again! This morning @ 4:30 woke up with the beast! I am armed now I have an appt with the doc today to get my O2 it works sometimes. I have been reading the boards I think this time when the beast departs I will hang around I missed alot  Smiley

PS I have not tried melatonin where can I get that? Redbull just gives me the jitters Sad
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:05am by MRSSMITH216 »  

IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:26am

MRSSMITH216 wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:03am:
PS I have not tried melatonin where can I get that? Redbull just gives me the jitters Sad

As far as the melatonin, it depends on where you live. If you live in the states, you can get it at any drug store. Start with 3mg a night, work up to 9 or 12.

Redbull or any other "energy" drink for that matter does nothing in the energy department as far as I'm concerned but they have been a huge help with shadows and I down one after O2 when a hit is coming. I keep one on my night stand during cycle, doesn't keep my from sleeping.

Good Luck,
Kris

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #6 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 10:59pm

Sorry you are getting hit again-  read up and get the support you need.  Others have posted some great advice , I don't have much to add.

Maybe you could tell us what mg of verap you are on, what you do for abortives, your O2 usage etc, what's worked in the past for you, what hasn't  etc etc

Welcome and stick around!

kelly

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 11:11am

MsSmith I am so sorry the beast has returned.  I know how you feel I went 18 mos PF and he returned with vengence.  I guess by the time you have read this post you will have already seen your doctor, but hopefully you have a prescription for O2 with at least 15lpm flow 25 is better.  I know you said imitrex has worked in the past and it sounds from your first post that the beast is hitting you at night so you really do need to listen to these guys about the melotonin.  Like everything else, some things work for some people and some things don't.  But BD and Tuck melotonin enables them to bypass REM in sleep which is normally when the beast likes to hit.  I have started using it and my hits have decreased at night, but I still wake up at night so still get hit, but now only once verses 3 or 4 times.  You said O2 worked sometimes in the past were you using a non rebreather mask with a regulator at least 15lpm?  If you get a regulator with 25lpm and non rebreather mask like the one shown on this site and get on it on the first sign it can knock down the kip very rapidly for most people.  Honestly, for a 10 I don't blame you for hitting the imitrix first and then the O2, but many people believe the O2 is the first line of defense and if the O2 has not knocked the beast down in 3-4 minutes then inject/spray the imitrix.  However, with regard to O2 if you are using a regulator less than 15 lpm then most likely it is not going to help on a kip of 7^.  Hope you PF are soon ahead.  Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!