Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Amitriptyline (Read 1587 times)
BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Amitriptyline
Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:49am

anyone used it with any success and if so what is the requard dossage ?? is it worth trying

Regards
Brian

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Amitriptyline
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:56am

As a direct treatment for CH: this whole class of meds have not been notably useful. Some docs use to help ease pain for e.g., chronic pain disorders but not for the acute pain of CH.

You might try the search function at the "headachedrugs.com site.
-------

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive
and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
============================================

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
ALL NEW!! HEADACHE 2008-2009
The new 72 page Headache 2008-2009 is hot off the press! Click here to download the PDF instantly! (free)

If you would like a bound copy, send $12 (includes shipping) to
Robbins Headache Clinic
1535 Lake Cook Rd.
Suite 506
Northbrook, Ill.60062

OR call 847-480-9399 to use Visa or Mastercard.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 10:10am

Thanks bob i was serching info on google and it kept getting mentioned for ch but no info on its effectivness

Regards
Brian

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:36pm

tried, didna work... YMMV...

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 11:38am

This med also goes by the name elivil(SP?) and there have been some studies done that show that this medicine does have some sucess with ch.  If you do a search on elivil you may find it here on the boards it has been brought up before and some studies about it where posted.  I tried it at 50mg and had seizures from it.  I have a history of siezures and this is a medicine that can cause them if you are suseptable to them.  Which was my case.  Anyway because of that my dr took me off of it.  So I can not personally attest to wheather or not it is effective just what I have read and heard about here.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 1:07pm

Thanks guys i have done a bit of reserach on it and there is not enough reason for me to try em so i guess ill just wait for the melatonin to come and see how that goes thought i may have been out of cycle 2 days PF then got hit by a train this morning but hey it is what it is and i just have to deal

Regards
Brian

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 5:39pm

You may want to PM Debouch.  I recall that she takes it and has since january.  That is the only med she takes.  Not sure how she doing with it now-

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!