Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Food is an Enemy? (Read 1679 times)
angela.lambert
CH.com Veteran

Support Alaska Commercial
Fisherman

petersburg,alaska
Food is an Enemy?
Aug 16th, 2008 at 7:24pm

Can food trigger CH's?

"...any foods that are associated with cluster headache may need to be avoided."

Source:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Yikes, I love my Norwegian salt, butter, and sugar food!!!

angela

The Beast, the Beast, the Beast is on Fire!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=15  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: Food is an Enemy?
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 7:39pm

While I'm in cycle:
Egyptian, Israelian, Turkish, Greek, Lebonese food. Must be the seasoning. I love the sheep and lamb meat from those countries, but not while I am in cycle.

BTW: love the Norwegian language, but does not seem to trigger me.
Imagine that: a language as a trigger. Well, with CH, ya never know  Cheesy.

Pascal, your friendly Dutch neighboud clusterhead.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

washed-out
CH.com Junior

Native Engrish Speaker
:D

Poland
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 4:50pm

By the way - I noticed interesting thing. It was probably a coincidence but still...

I have been on pretty balanced diet to lost some weight, for 2 months and it didn't affect intensity of my CH. Anyway I started starvation diet yesterday (yes, I know it's usually not healthy but I didn't do that to lose some weight, other reasons). Few hours ago pretty strong attack started. I waited 10-15 minutes, because I wanted to try to deal with it.

Anyway it was getting worse so I went downstairs to bring some ice or make a coffee. 36 hours of starvation diet passed (I didn't plan it longer), I saw some chocolate waffles and ate 2 or 3. After 5 minutes or so the pain was gone...

Yeah as I wrote before - I know food usually works as a trigger, but I was quite surprised (even though it was a coincidence).

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 1:08am

Food is your friend with clusters. Small and regular snacks or meals.

A balance in all things does more good for CH than anything else.

There are certain foods that can and will affect each of us differently. ie: some citrus like grapefruit, hops, msg and alcohol. For the most part listed foods for migraine avoidance are proven irrelevant with clusters.

MJ

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 4:21am

I think it's like anything, you have to figure out what your triggers are. So far I haven't found any foods that ARE triggers for me...

However, I have found that if I'm not eating the clusters are worse. :/

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!