Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Longest cycle to date! (Read 1549 times)
Conradk1
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Minot, ND USA
Longest cycle to date!
Aug 18th, 2008 at 9:44pm

Clusters began for me in 1993, shortly after I joined the USAF.  I have 2-3 year remissions.  Most cycles last close to 2 months up until this one.  It began May 2 and I'm still dealing with issues here on 18 August.  Any of you episodic folks ever have a cycle last this long before it let go of ya for awhile?  I'm getting concerned...my summer has been ruined...not a single beer!  All comments are welcome, thank you for being there my friends.  Conrad   Undecided

Conrad Koerner

IP Logged

superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Re: Longest cycle to date!
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:32pm

I too had my longest cycle most recently- it was about 16 weeks long. I know what "they" say about how long cycles last but if I listened to everything "they" say my head would REALLY be screwded.

At some point I just gave up bing concerned about it and made sure my abortives were all in line.  How are you in that department? Do you have a way to cope? O2 works well for me and when it doesn't trex or relpax fixs a lot. Also I took frova as a preventative when it got bad so I could always have one in my system basically as it is a slower acting triptan.

Hang on buddy! things will retrun to normal and this will only be unpleasent yet distant thoughts. Smiley

WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:35pm

HEY CONRAD yes i to had a long last cycle last time what was normaly 2months turned into 3 and 1/2 months and i was scared to death, but dont worry your almost done, he will let ya go soon. Hang in there my brother. Coach Bill
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:37pm by coach_bill »  

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

gregory s
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 11:14am

When I lived in Los Angeles, there was one year when the cycle lasted three months. I thought I was gonna go crazy. and I was getting so sick from all the Tylenols and other OTC meds. But when the winds shifted and I sneezed, it was over. Hang in there, it'll be over soon. I don't dare touch a beer during this time of year. I have to wait until almost the Winter before I can have one.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 2:30pm

My last cycle went 8 months! Had never had a cycle go longer then 4 months prior to that one. Try not to cause yourself grief worrying about it going long or turning chronic. Keep your meds at the ready, always ready to do battle. Feel for you, those long cycles suck!!!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 8:26am

I'm chronic, but had a high cycle last a lot long longer this year than "normal". Maybe it's global warming or something. The weather has been screwy this year. Might as well blame it on that as anything.... Smiley

Hope you're PF soon....

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

gregory s
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 8:40am

I heard earlier on the news radio, the Farmer's Almanac is expecting this to be rough Winter. I knew it was going to be an early Fall, my cycles don't normally start this early, only once in a while.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!