Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I need to whinge NOW!!! (Read 1446 times)
Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

I need to whinge NOW!!!
Aug 20th, 2008 at 11:17am

Sorry all but I really need to whinge. My danish boyfriend (I am an American living in Denmark) is being a pain. I have tried to find the things that will bust a cluster headache cycle and he forbids me to purchase them or bring them home because if I get caught I will get deported. I have looked under cow patties, gone to Christania, seached the internet asked people and been a regular pest and no luck. I have been in this cycle for a little over 3 months and this shows no sign of letting up any time soon. I spend a good 3 hours of every day screaming and banging my head on the floor (wrapped in pillows so I dont leave bruises or have the neighbors calling the cops thinking he is beating on me) and just when I think the pain cant possibly get worse.... it does. The neurologist is racking her brains trying new meds and treatments on me and I am walking as much as possible trying to get the good pain relieving endorphins and I am just at my wits end. I can no longer work. I can barely go to danish class. I cant plan anything because there isnt enough time between hits which seem to have aquired a schedual. I am discouraged. I am frustrated. And I am mad at my boyfriend because I understand his concerns but if the treatment that may work is illegal isnt it worth a try? I think so. And it is the quality of my life being affected. I never thought I would have to get used to taking Imitrex injections in class but I have. I want my life back!!!!
Thanks for listening to me whinge. I know you all understand. I appriciate that. Big hugs and I hope the demon drowns in the bathtub. Sophia
I gotta laugh.... it hurts too much to cry Cool

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Re: I need to whinge NOW!!!
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 12:05pm

Hi Sophia,

Sorry to hear you are in pain right now.  We really do understand. 

I am sure you have posted this before, but what treatments are you currently using as preventative and abortive?  Sometimes treatments that did no work in the past, will work if you give them another try.  The one thing you have to keep in mind is to never give up the fight.  You are stonger than the beast and this will pass. 

I am not familiar with Dannish law, but here in the US, it is not illegal to posess rc seeds, only illegal to injest.  Is this your boyfriend's concern?  I've never tried anything other than rc seeds, so I do not know about the other alternative treatments.

Good luck Sophia.  I hope the beast drowns and goes down the drain!

Hugs,
Beth

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 6:59pm

I am like Beth I am sure you have posted your abortive measures before but not in this thread, but is oxygen available? If so it is an absolute must.  I know you may not can take it with you everywhere or maybe anywhere you go, but while at home you can abort the beast in less time that you are now with imitrex alone.  I am going through a horrible cycle myself right now, getting hit, depending on the day, 3-4 or 4-8 times a day, but with O2 90% of the time I am able to abort before the beast kips up to a 7 or 8.  Beth's idea of just having some RC seeds laying around the house for some spring planting could work as well it does for many.  I so hope the beast leaves you soon so you have some peace and PF days soon.  Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 3:05pm

Hi Sorry I forgot to list the meds I take to try and kill the beast. Imitrex, lithium, topamax, oxygen, prednisone and sedatives so I dont jump out the window onto the pavement. Which saves my boyfriend from sitting on me and getting punched in the stomach. And yes that has happened. And I am not a small woman. He was whinging after that. I dont remember doing it. Does anyone else black out during the bad pain part of the headache? I go for walks and come out of it and dont realize I have left the house or wake up on the floor with my head wrapped in a pillow or something equally silly. God I hate the beast!!!! Sophia
Gotta laugh.... it hurts too much to cry Cool

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 3:29pm

What you need is a bit of relief. These demon throw downs are tough to endure. You must find some abortive for at least temporary relief. With all the stuff your taking now ,alternatives would be little help. Try to look at what your taking that may be causing rebounds. eg:I know anything that makes me drowsy is a possible trigger; switch between triptans to avoid triptan rebounds(waiting the proper time inbetween doses.; try some different technique's with the 02. Sometimes switching treatments and using other methods to abort can trip up the demon bastard.
all the best
Hoping for a break
thebb

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 2:34am

Sophia wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 3:05pm:
Does anyone else black out during the bad pain part of the headache? I go for walks and come out of it and dont realize I have left the house or wake up on the floor with my head wrapped in a pillow or something equally silly. God I hate the beast!!!! Sophia
Gotta laugh.... it hurts too much to cry Cool

I have PTSD, so I think mine is from that but I tend to end up blocking out the severe parts of the headache.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 3:33pm

Quote:
Hi Sophia,

I am not familiar with Dannish law, but here in the US, it is not illegal to posess rc seeds, only illegal to injest.  Is this your boyfriend's concern?  I've never tried anything other than rc seeds, so I do not know about the other alternative treatments.

I am not familiar with Danish law either, but what Beth said is true here in the US.

rc seeds can be bought over the internet completely legally in most countries.  They can be planted in your garden and grow lovely flowers, like Morning Glories.  It is only illegal to ingest the seeds.

I have been ingesting - yup - against the law, for quite some time and have had astounding success in not only shortening a CH cycle, but completely aborting it.

Why don't you and your boyfriend do some research on the seeds at , Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Registerand feel free to PM me.  I'm more than happy to help in any way I can.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!