Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lyrica experiences? (Read 1788 times)
Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
Lyrica experiences?
Aug 29th, 2008 at 6:48am

For those of you who have tried Lyrica, what are your impressions of it? Has it helped? What was the dose you took?

I'm now at a dose of 150mg per day, and I think it actually might lessen the pain a bit. Still get 2-3 attacks per day, though - the same as before.

Best regards and PFDAN,
Rosa

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Re: Lyrica experiences?
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 7:37am

I took lyrica for back pain and it did nothing for my ch or my back pain.  I can't remember the dosage but I remember the dr saying it was considered high doseage.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

chewbaccamonkeylunch
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Weatherford, TX
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 11:16am

I took it for quite a while before I found my current doc.
The last one said 'give this a try' because I was eating so many imitrex.
Anyway, didn't do anything for me at all. Didn't kill me though!

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 9:50am

Considering the range of good meds for CH which have long histories of effectiveness, the idea of tying this new med is misdirected, in my judgment. I just checked the major medical literature library and could find zip on its use for CH.
---------

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)
================
Michigan Headache & Neurological Institute for another list of treatments and other articles:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 11:08am

I take is as needed for my back, and I've had success with it

IP Logged

Lizzie2
CH.com Sponsor

"L'Chaim"~Hebrew Toast~"To
Life"

Boothwyn, PA
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 11:21am

Tried it for CH and migraine, and it did nothing FOR ME.  Sorry to report that!  Best of luck with it!

~~"Don't know much about your life. Don't know much about your world, but Don't wanna be alone tonight on this planet they call Earth."~~
Lizzie2 Lizzie2 Lizzie52004 NeoNurseChic  
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 11:28am

Most likely the reason it's being reccomended is it's considered the 'newer better neurontin'.

I tried it 2 years ago for my migraines, made them worse and made me aggressive. Also caused a lot of weight gain. I've never tried it for CH, so I don't know how it works for that.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!