Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CH changing? (Read 1620 times)
Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
CH changing?
Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:37pm

I can't figure it out.  I seem to have shadows all the time now.  Today is particularly bad.  About a 3or 4 at times.  Tried the energy drink and some ibuprofen and Tylenol.  It brought it to about a 2.  I even have that "look."  Any suggestions? 

Thanks for your help,

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

n_lighty37
CH.com Junior

Opportunity knocked, my
doorman kicked him out.

Re: CH changing?
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:47pm

Unfortunately, I do not have any suggestions to make it better for you other than what you've already tried.  I did want to say however, that you're not alone in this experience.  I have had shadows last all day between full blown attacks sometimes as well.  My heart goes out to you on this one.  Here's hoping it goes away soon. 

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:53pm

I think some of the others have mentioned something like Excedrin Migraine .. or something like that ... I know it is marketed for the migraine market ... Others have said that it will kill a shadow ...

I wish I could be more specific, but I guess I am just to old and senile or just plain dumb ...

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 1:04pm

n_lighty37 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:47pm:
Unfortunately, I do not have any suggestions to make it better for you other than what you've already tried.  I did want to say however, that you're not alone in this experience.  I have had shadows last all day between full blown attacks sometimes as well.  My heart goes out to you on this one.  Here's hoping it goes away soon. 

What's really weird is that I'm not in cycle right now.  It sure seems that a hit is right around the corner. 

Thanks Chuck,   I'll try the Excedrine Migraine.

IP Logged

Paige_H.
CH.com Junior

What the hell?

x0|Princeton|USA||0|0|WV,West_Virginia
Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 3:31pm

The only time I have gotten shadows without being in cycle, was when I got a stomach virus. It seems that it came with a wicked headache.  But I thought I might be going back into cycle.  It was strange, because even in cycle, I rarely have shadows.

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 3:54pm

Actually Chuck you are are old and senile but I am glad that you are coming around to admitting that you are also dumb. Grin  Jean what do you do when you are in cycle, other that O2 or imitrex.  If you have not already, you may try the RC Seeds.  Batch may tell you your PH is out of whack.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 7:45pm

Hey Jean, the beast could be warming up for a fresh assault or simply letting you know he hasn't forgotten your address.  Either way all you can do is make sure your arsenal is in order.

If you have O2 on hand I find that will chase away shadows for a bit. 

Good luck Hon...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

The next person who calls
it a migraine eats teeth

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 9:38pm

Jean

Was about to say the same as Dennis- a bit of a toot on the 02 clears most of my shadows

I occasionally take ibuprofen if they are really troublesome or I am getting face pain as well

W the B

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 9:46pm

Lots of face pain today.  Pressure in the eye and right nostril stopped up.  I feel really tired but am afraid to go to sleep.  Not to mention that the energy drinks have given me heart burn!

I'm a dummy and still don't have a script for 02.  I thought that I would be safe till spring.  Hopefully this will pass.  I had a pretty bad day yesterday............ husband issues.  I'm wondering if maybe the stress has something to do with my shadows today.

Jeannie

IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

The next person who calls
it a migraine eats teeth

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 9:50pm

Husbands? You and me both Jean!!!

Try some really, really cold air then- if you have air con anywhere - car etc- full blast as cold as possible and breathe it in really hard.

Caffeine might also help

Wendy

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 9:58pm

Thanks Wendy,

I was just reading your "husband post"  Hang in there, honey.

Jeannie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!