Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
THERE BACK but this time I'm armed (Read 1057 times)
hatethebeast
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

NJ USA
THERE BACK but this time I'm armed
Sep 10th, 2008 at 1:49am

Hey everyone. Great site btw! The beast just left me and I'm just getting some aftershocks now. Glad to finally be able to talk to people who know the "beast" all to well. Been a episodic sufferer for 12 years now. I still remember the first one like it was yesterday. Its been 2 years since my last battle w/ the beast. Before that allmost 5 years and so on. This new battle started about a month ago. I seem to be winning this war with my new best friend  Grin   COFFEE  Grin   Every morning I buy a large cup of black joe and just leave it in the truck. As soon as I feel the beast creeping in the (allways) left side of my brain I start drinking my magic potion and I start feeling the beast subside after about 12 ounces somtimes it takes all 24 though. Wish I knew about the caffeine years ago. Thanks for listening and hope I can help some of you out too.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2008 at 2:30am by hatethebeast »  

IP Logged

MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus

Go Cubbies  / even though
they suck

x1|naperville|USA|usa|360|126|IL,Illinois
Re: there back
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 2:04am

If the coffee ever stops working try red bull or monster the combination of taurine and caffeine do wonders for mine. Good luck

Dave

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Re: THERE BACK but this time I'm armed
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 5:54am

Have you thought about downing a cup of coffee BEFORE one hits? Might stop it in it's tracks. Might not. It's a thought. Keep the second cup handy just in case.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 11:03am

Glad the coffee is working so well, have you ever tried oxygen? It's been my "Magic Potion" for many years. Caffeine is great for the shadows but for a major slammer, oxygen works really great. Welcome to the nuthouse, glad you found us!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

hatethebeast
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

NJ USA
Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 1:16pm

Hey thanks for the replies. As far as the energy drinks go I cant drink them without eating a pack of tums afterwards. If the coffee stops working I am going to look into oxygen. For those major slammers I just shoot one those wonderful shots of Zomig up my left nostril and it sends the beast packing within 10 mins. I find that if I drink the coffee on an empty stomach the beast starts leaving after the first few sips (not allways the case if I start to get one right after I eat) It takes the whole cup then.  Thanks again for the imput.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!