Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I have a question? (Read 1194 times)
Sueanne
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I have a question?
Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:14pm

Hi
I am in the middle of CH cycle, I have a new boyfriend who I have benn trying to explain whats going on with me, I dont think hes getting it. Is there a letter on the site like the one to employers that goes to friends and family?...... right now I am at a 3 kip 3 but in a matter of 30 or so minutes I will be higher.... still waiting to get oxygen. UGH Cry

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Re: I have a question?
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:53pm

There is a letter here somewhere written for employers and friends. I'm not quite sure where it is though. Someone who knows will be along soon for sure though.

Have you had a look through the menu on the left?

Em
x

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 3:02pm

Scroll up and click on the letter to Employers and Colleagues. 

Research the site.  It has alot of good information.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 3:09pm

Sueanne,

Why are you still waiting for oxygen?  How does the Rx for oxygen read?  Does it say "Oxygen therapy at a flow rate of 12 to 15 liters/minute with a non-rebreather mask as needed for cluster headaches?"  If not, call your doctor and have him reissue the Rx with exactly the above wording.  This will make it much easier for you and the insurance company to ensure you receive oxygen therapy at an effective flow rate.

If you have the Rx in hand or can get a copy that reads like above, google the nearest Home Oxygen Delivery Service and order at least 6 E-size oxygen cylinders ASAP!  Depending on how many attacks you have a day/24 hrs, this should last you a week.  The home oxygen company will know how to milk your insurance company for all it's worth.

There's a User's Guide over on the OUCH website titled Supplemental Guide to Using O2 at the following link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Download and read it.  There's a lot of great info for first time oxygen users contributed by a number of long time oxygen users.

Shoot me an PM or Email if you still have problems.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 4:31pm

Way to go Batch I knew you would come to Sueann's recue Smiley

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 1:10pm

I think the colleage letter is the one your after.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!