Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi Just joined From UK nice to be here (Read 2856 times)
andyphillips
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cheshire UK
Hi Just joined From UK nice to be here
Sep 12th, 2008 at 4:23pm

just saying hello to all.I am overwhelmed at the amount of sufferers here..will post more when i have calmed down..i have just come out of a mild CH but still fckn pissed me off very happy to be here..gonna try get some sleep.Andy P
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2008 at 5:36pm by andyphillips »  

IP Logged

Gemma
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

United Kingdom
Re: Hi Just joined From UK nice to be here
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 5:58pm

Hi Andy, nice to meet you  Smiley

IP Logged

MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus

Go Cubbies  / even though
they suck

x1|naperville|USA|usa|360|126|IL,Illinois
Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 7:03pm

Hey Andy,

Welcome to Painville. You will learn a great deal here. The more you read the more you can educate your doctor. Cause lets face it most of us can teach most doctors a thing or two about CHs.
       Anyway welcome to your new home and your new family. Do lots of reading and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Dave

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:17pm

Be sure to make contact with your most excellent source of support:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:38pm

A big state side welcome to you, hoping we can help you out. Looking forward to getting to know you!

WinkGuiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 12:29am

Welcome bro ... from the local Troll.  I do wish you pf man!

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 12:40am

Hi Andy,

We all look forward to hearing your story and what works for you and what doesn't. What kind of Dr.s you've seen etc.

In the meantime,  a very big welcome to this family.

(Please ignore anything the guy in neon green has to say.  He's here ONLY to cause trouble and is NOT a part of this family)

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 12:50am

Welcome, Andy.   Smiley 

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #8 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 5:50am

Hi Andy-   Smiley

Just wanted to say hi and welcome-

Kelly

IP Logged

andyphillips
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cheshire UK
Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 7:40am

Hiya, I started having CH 2 years ago.The first one scared the shit out of me.I didn't know what was happening,thought maybe i was having a brain heammorage (spelling isnt my strong point).My wife called an ambulance and they took me to hospital thinking i had meningitis,i passed out on route to hospital. I came to in hospital very confused and the CH had subsided but there was still a bad pain, i was asked all sorts of questions Re: drug taking,migraine and bangs to the head etc they gave me pethadin injection in leg then was left alone for about 3 hours in a cubicle..thats when it started to kick in again.I was kicking and shouting and pressing my face and head with both hands and crying out as loud as i could..i was slurring my words when someone came(finally) i find it hard to speak when these things kick in and it probably sounds like i have had a stroke to some.Basiclly i was taken to a ward and put on Morphine and slept the night away.The next day i had head xray and facial scan which revealed nothing.I was discharged later that day after being visited by a doctor who told me i was suffering from CH and gave me advice Re: diet,smoking,alcohol..  basically the same as migraine he told me but a lot worse.Thats it i've been on my own ever since.I've been to GP and they know fck all about it telling me about preventative medication , but when they are telling me they are either going online or reading info from a book etc.In the years since my first i have had only 11 attacks usually lasting between 1-2 hours.I have been told recently to avoid caffeine but on here people swear by it as a first line of attack.I am confused,angry at my doctors..i mean they say they don't know what causes them and then they try to offer me a preventative medicine which causes undesirable side effects and affects your heart! I had resided myself to the fact i was on my own till i found this website.The only meds which btake the edge of it is Immigran and this does not always work.But as i read in a post on here last night.."i would eat shit if i thought it wouldhelp" People at work say "oh yes i have migraines too" and this makes me so angry..no they are not fckn migraines ,old ladies have migraines and toddle off to the chemist and get a pain killer.I explain what CH do and make you feel like but they just don't get it..Well thats me sorry for the rant..i look forward to getting to know you all.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 8:35am

Please don't put down people with migraines. Their pain is just as real as ours. It may not be as intense, but it's still pain.

Print out a few copies of the following letter. Read it, and have a few copies on you to give to friends and colleagues.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

andyphillips
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cheshire UK
Reply #11 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 8:53am

i wasnt putting down people with migraines.I was trying to get my point across about the misunderstanding and degree of pain we go through..you cant blame me for getting frustrated and i do especially when people compare what i go through with a migraine and they say things like ..ohh i had to lie down for an hour and i had flashing lights behind my eyes...i understand that this is very very painful but what i am saying is that i am frustrated that people i tell think this is a comparison and they do not believe me when i tell them what the pain is like...hence my frustrations with migraine sufferers..don't forget i have only just joined this site and up until last night i was completely on my own,the closest thing i could relate to was migraine sufferers..i have had time off work and my boss has said..well i get bad migraines and they dont keep me off work....hope this clarifies things and nice to meet you. Wink

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 8:56am

Print the letter and give it to him.

IP Logged

andyphillips
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cheshire UK
Reply #13 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 9:00am

I will ,Thanks Brew the letter is brilliant

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 9:14am

andyphillips wrote on Sep 13th, 2008 at 9:00am:
...the letter is brilliant

Isn't it though? I've handed out at least a hundred copies.

IP Logged

MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus

Go Cubbies  / even though
they suck

x1|naperville|USA|usa|360|126|IL,Illinois
Reply #15 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 7:30pm

Quote:
Please don't put down people with migraines. Their pain is just as real as ours. It may not be as intense, but it's still pain.

Print out a few copies of the following letter. Read it, and have a few copies on you to give to friends and colleagues.

That letter says it all. Perfect !

IP Logged

darknight
CH.com Veteran

Ever danced with the devil
by the pale moonlight?

x0|Manchester|Great_Britain||0|0|
Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 12:48pm

Hello Andy,

Sorry that you had to find us but glad as the info in here will help as it helped me!!
I started roughly 3yrs ago and my first attack i was taken in as an emergency doctor said it could b menigitus!!
Anyway after a year trying tablets (maxalt) and beta blockers with no relenting on the pain i began to research and found this site.
What ive learnt from this site has changed my life for the better, i 2 was told caffeine would aggravate my condition but everyone is different and so i tried a redbull, got rid of a few shadows i was having!!
I am now on Oxygen and imigran injectables, if the oxygen doesnt work i take an injection, since i started oxygen in Feb i am still yet to use any imigran, demand it from your gp, hopefully it will work but if not the veterans on here will have other methods to find ur Silver bullett.

Good Luck and PFD to all

(good to see another Northern lad on here) Wink

This is My Gift My Curse!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!