Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Treximet (Read 1124 times)
ahenry
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Treximet
Sep 20th, 2008 at 10:52pm

As a ch survivor for over 10 yrs my Dr just gave me a "sample" of
Treximet to try. (Sumatriptan & naproxen sodium)
You take one tablet at onset of ch.  Worked for me!!  20 min's later pain subsided.

Great site!!  Thought I'd share,..maybe it will work for you too!

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Re: Treximet
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 12:33am

This sounds great I need some thing like this because of the side affect I get from imi, but you said it was a tablet.  I am a chronic sufferer with constant shadows and phantom ha's.  Do you know if this will be offered as an injectable in the near future.  happy you found something that works.  Phil

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 9:17am

my doc also gave some treximet samples, it didnt do much for an attack but it did work well for those damn shadows and the afterburn, must be careful not too overdo it with triptans houg.
i give it a fair rating

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 10:18am

A classic product of the marketing department! Take two existing products, combine, and pitch as a new gift from the gods.

It's being aimed for migraine. Our collective experience is that the Imitrex pill and not as effective for CH as injection; the naproxen is an old OTC pain pill which, by itself, has little application for CH (and could be purchased as a generic for less than this "new" product costs, I suspect.)

Not knocking what may be working for you but surely would not advise for someone who is looking for something "new".
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2008 at 10:19am by Bob Johnson »  

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 10:23am

Bob is right the naproxyn is an otc pain reliever also called aleve.
he also right the pharmacutical companies can't develope anything new so in order to make money quick put a new dress on it and declare its wonders.
that being said the naprosyn might help with the afterburn, a wonder pill. not really. old pills with a fancy name.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!