Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stopped Lyrica --> insomnia (Read 871 times)
Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
Stopped Lyrica --> insomnia
Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:46am

So, a couple of days ago I stopped Lyrica. I used to be at the dose of 150mg per day, on 20.9. I took 75mg and then nothing.

Usually I have no troubles sleeping for quite a while. 8-10 hours per night is the norm. 20.9. - 21.9. I slept around 5 hours, then 21.9. - 22.9. I slept a maximum of two hours, perhaps less, and that was after I took 15mg of melatonin. In the span of 56 hours I've slept 7h.

I feel like I'm on speed all the time, but utterly exhausted. The second I get to this "about to fall asleep" -state my brain just snaps wide awake. ALERT! ALERT! ...every single thing seems to produce a reaction...neighbours moving in their apartments, fans blowing...it's like everything is a threat, or so my brain seems to think.

This morning I literally felt sick because I was so tired. Perhaps I would have fallen asleep at work, but of course sleeping at work isn't possible. Now that I got home I tried to get at least a bit of sleep - nada, no, zit.

As ludicrous as it may seem, I'm actually starting to think if I'll be able to sleep at all anymore. Ever. I know it's because of how my brain is working at the moment, but still...

...huoh  Smiley

- Best regards and PFDAN,
Rosa
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:50am by Ungweliante »  

IP Logged

Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
Re: Stopped Lyrica --> insomnia
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 9:50pm

Well, I feel a bit silly Smiley

Apparently I can sleep now! One of the few rare times that I'm sort of glad that I woke up to CH.

- Rosa

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Re: Stopped Lyrica --> insomnia
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 12:07am

Good morning then, Hope you slept well.

MJ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!