Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 years free....2 good to be true (Read 1816 times)
shark boy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

2 years free....2 good to be true
Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:50pm

Hi..this is my first time on line, I'm 63 and my CH started @34. back then it took me 3 years before I was diagnosed with the bitch. many hospitals and tests, they all sent me home with big bottles of codine. as the years went on I became cronic and addicted to pain killers. I found out the hard way if you take pain killers you will get rebound
CH I rember the day I flushed them down and went through the series with nothing, I would tell myself this builds charactor. Listen I'm not going to bore you with the stories but when they let us have the triptons my life changed then the o2 we now have a lot of great tools to work with and life for some of us is well, just o.k. Back of 2000 I became cronic and nothing helped. my doc sent ME to mayo where I added to my arsenal D>H>E 45 If you are cronic this helps a lot. WELL, to get to why im here, I was free for the last two years. The last two years of my life was like a gift from the gods. every day I got up was a good day and by god every one I was with new it. Today I had two attacks that rated a 10. On the second attack I found a outdated vile of D.H.E. 45  and a old seringe I used 2 years ago. It worked. Yea, I sucked on o2, it just blew through like a train on a mission. Right now I'm really pissed, but writting this helps. Listen If anyone out their is in trouble I know for a fact you will get through this. We have soooo many tools to help. Dont let my story discourage discourage you. As I do know I too will get through this. I'm just sooo friggen pissed off right now .I can testify without a shadow of a doubt this Bitch in our head willl  build charactor... I do love you all, and wish you well............
SHARK BOY

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Re: 2 years free....2 good to be true
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 12:20am

Welcome aboard.

MJ

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 10:51am

Have you and your doctor experimented with any preventative medications? A med you take daily to reduce the number and the intensity of your attacks? Lithium has been a Godsend for me, at 1200 mg a day it blocks 80-90% of my attacks, 02  and trex kills most of the rest. Verapamil has been succesful for many as has topomax. Might be worth a look see.

When you used the oxygen, how were you using it? To get the vasoconsticive effect CH needs, it's imperative your lungs get only 02, no outside air, no exhaled air. Best accomplished by using a NON RE BREATHER MASK,  a High Flow Regulator, at least 15 LPM, and it must be started at the first hint of an attack. Nasal canulas, low flow reulators, re breather masks, all have proven ineffective for many on the board. Might be worth reviewing, make sure your not giving up on a potentially effective treatment.

So glad you found us, 30 year sufferer here and this board is what gave me my sanity back! Wink

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 11:49am

Welcome to the jungle, sharkboy. Guiseppi offers some great advice - if you're doing battle with the beast only after the beast initiates it, you're going to lose more often than not. Find a good preventative with your doc.

Also, please be careful about recommending specific drugs to everyone, like this:

Quote:
my doc sent ME to mayo where I added to my arsenal D>H>E 45 If you are cronic this helps a lot.

It may have helped you, but did you know that a small percentage of CH patients are almost deathly allergic to DHE and any other ergot derivative? We have to let a person's doctor make the determination as to what is a viable alternative. But your heart's in the right place - I like that.

Again, welcome. There are lots of links to the left with plenty to read.

IP Logged

fubar
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 1:51pm

I gotta call BS on this one...

What self-respecting 63 year old calls himself SHARK BOY and uses words like 'friggen' and can't spell worth a shit?  I could be wrong, and I'll eat my words if this joker turns out to be for real, but I smell a troll, and I don't think this is a 63 year old troll either.

BS BS BS BS BS BS

Shark Boy, if you are for real, I'm sorry you have suffered this long.  However, I don't buy your stories.

-Fu the heartless

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 6:01pm

For a number of reasons I have a tendency to agree with you, Fu. But being a 63-year-old poor speller isn't one of them.

IP Logged

shark boy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 8:54pm

sorry i upset you, yea i'm 63 (i dont like it eather) and yea i am the worlds worst speller, as far as my name goes "shark boy" I earned that name a long time ago, maybe before you were even borne. a lot of my old friends still call me that. (sorry you dont like my name.) you dont think i have clusters, well that's your call. I dont like light when Im past a 5 nor do I like noise. as far as my exhaust fan goes, it really is a fart fan. I turn it on after leaving the rooom. As far as me being a troll, you got it right....Im just trolling for a new friend. I have learned we all need some extra friends I sincerly hope you have some.  Im still going to be arround unless someone kiks me out. beleive it or not I love you all cuzzz I know the pain you go through and I wish you all well....

shark boy

IP Logged

fubar
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 11:31pm

Well, I may stand corrected.  We've had so many it's hard to tell.

Photosensitivity is not usually related to CH, but we have had some talk about that.  Having a section of wall to repeatedly bash your head through sounds a bit overly dramatic, but who am I to say. I could not imagine trying to confine myself to a closet (let alone a corner of a closet) while under attack, but that's me. 

You will find this is a close-knit group, and a little snake-bit with posers.  I'm still skeptical but don't go away just because of me.  If you're in need of help for CH, you've come to the right place.  This is the crankiest, meanest, most rude bunch of people you could ever meet, and I love them all.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #8 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 12:43am

i'm very sensitive to light. never had nausea though. even during some of my worst attacks. i'm also somewhat claustrophobic during a hit. i need a little space to walk and pace sometimes. sometimes i'd hang out in the sleeper. i often wonder if people could hear me screaming outside walking around.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2008 at 12:50am by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!