Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Insomnic (Read 1920 times)
Indestructible
CH.com Newbie

Tomorrow is going to be
a great day!

KCMO
Insomnic
Sep 26th, 2008 at 6:14am

Okay here goes...
I've been sitting up all night on the internet reading this board till my eyes bleed. It's an awsome thing you've got goin here. I'll try to keep this short. I've had clusters since I was 16, I'm 35 now. I started out cronic and am now eposodic. My remissions vary between 6 months up to two years. I'm starting a new cycle now and they usually last 6 weeks. I use O2 for attacks at night and run about 2 miles for daytime attacks. I'm feeling pretty good right now all hopped on caffine - I don't use caffine to abort I just like the stuff  Grin - but it does lessen the pain a notch or two most of the time. I smoke too much, drink too much beer(when out of a cycle) and I talk too much.
I stay as positive as I can in a cycle, because tomorrow is going to be a great day! Best wishes for PFD to you all!

JOHN

"As long as people believe in absurdities,&&they will continue to commit atrocities."&&--Voltaire

IP Logged

MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Re: Insomnic
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 8:02am

John, 

Glad you found the site, but sorry you had to.  There is a lot of good information here.  What type of meds do you use for prevent?   How long were you chronic before you went episodic?  I am chronic and I hope that one day it morphs into episodic.  Best of luck.

Regards,

Malcom

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 1:16pm

Indestructible wrote on Sep 26th, 2008 at 6:14am:
...I smoke too much, drink too much beer(when out of a cycle) and I talk too much.

I stay as positive as I can in a cycle, because tomorrow is going to be a great day!

Best wishes for PFD to you all!

You and me are going to get on together just fine.  I've just scratched your name into the label on my can of beer (not an easy feat) and I'm drinking to your damn fine health.

While we stay positive, we have hope, and tomorrow will be a great day.

Cheers and beers,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 1:43pm

Welcome John!  Love your id!!!

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 2:19pm

Indestructible wrote on Sep 26th, 2008 at 6:14am:
I stay as positive as I can in a cycle, because tomorrow is going to be a great day!

I love your attitude, John!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the family.

Jackie

IP Logged

Indestructible
CH.com Newbie

Tomorrow is going to be
a great day!

KCMO
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 7:57am

Grin  LMAO Brian that kicks a$$! I'm workin your name into a can of red bull now.
Cheers brother.

Thanks for the welcome!

Malcom -
I was cronic for about 4 years. I don't use any preventative meds.

JOHN

"As long as people believe in absurdities,&&they will continue to commit atrocities."&&--Voltaire

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #6 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 8:28am

Hi John and welcome to the family.

I'm a firm believer in the power of positivity.  Keep up the great attitude and make everyday a great day.

Hugs and Kisses  Kiss

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #7 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:23pm

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! John! Great post! You have an incredible attitude,Mister! Welcome to Clusterville, sorry you need this place, but, methinks you'll do just fine!!!

I can see you and AussieBrian, sitting here, for him, in the afternoon, for you the wee smalls of the night, toasting each other over and over and............................LOL! Well, at least outta cycle!
One question, if ya please?? Is it insomnia, or fear of sleep?
Wishing you PF  rest.......and WELCOME!
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

Indestructible
CH.com Newbie

Tomorrow is going to be
a great day!

KCMO
Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:10am

First thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!!!

Cathi
I was insomnic the night I posted this. There's always a little fear of sleep in a cycle so I do tend to stay up a little longer.

Wishing all of you PFDAN!

JOHN

IP Logged

Indestructible
CH.com Newbie

Tomorrow is going to be
a great day!

KCMO
Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 10:22am

I figure I'll post here so I don't clutter the board with a new thread.

To clarify my posting times, I work a second shift 6pm to 4am. So my middle of night is around 9am.
I'm up from a cluster again. Angry I've had these things for a lot of years now and I've gone from nothing but tylenol to taking Imetrex, Zomig, Pred. taper, etc.. And now I'm happy with O2 and exercise. A few days ago I started the killowatt3 and it's really working. I skipped the St. John's Wort before I went to sleep, and here I am - after a massive workout. I decided against the O2 as it doesn't always work when I'm at a k8.

I wanted to say for those who want to try exercise as an abortive, I have great success with it. I've noticed that if I'm slacking it doesn't work. I exercise when out of a cycle but not near as intense as when I'm working to get rid of a CH. I usually run, but I'm gonna start lifting weights more now.

First thing I keep forgetting to say is that I have a playlist on my ipod that is just for my CH workout and I crank it LOUD It has to be loud enough that it's hard to think. This creates a distraction as well as puts me in hard core mode. This is very important! Exclaim Exclaim Then I start off with a jump rope to get my body loose. Then from there I just do whatever comes to mind. Usually arm curls, bench press, overhead press, and leg squats. I stay constantly moving, so while I'm recovering from bench presses or whatever, I'm jumping rope. INTENSITY IS A MUST!
I hope this can help someone.

In the meantime, I've got my fingers croossed for the killowatt3 mix.

JOHN

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!