Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hello there! (Read 1416 times)
darth foxy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

hello there!
Sep 30th, 2008 at 4:39pm

hi there, im jamie. i suffer from chronic cluster headaches, have been for 23 years. i currently use prednisolone at 60mg per day and imigran injections, between 6 and 12 per day. recently my attacks have become more aggressive thats why im back on steroids...but there no long term solution. im looked after by doctors at the national hospital for neurology in london and they are really good, very helpful and caring. (i consider myself very lucky to be under their care) but im tired! i worry so much about what the headaches and medication do to my body, im normally strong and positive and try continue a normal life but i feel tired, tired of being controlled by this nemesis! i dont sleep, i dont cope with the pain so well anymore and as one attack passes i fear the next....my partner trys so hard to help but it all upsets her. i just dont understand why i was cursed with this evil. im now 34, the attacks started when i was 11. i just wondered if there is a chance i'll ever 'grow out of this'?! im in for dhe (5 day course) in 2 weeks, never had it before and it makes me nervous.....no more imigran, what if it doesnt work? i wont know how to cope if i cant abort an attack! any advice would be greatly appreciated. many thanks, jamie.

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Re: hello there!
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 4:55pm

Hi Jamie,  Welcome and sorry to hear your going through such a rough time.  You have come to the right place there is lots of info here and tons of fellow clusterheads.  Keep reading you will get lots of good advise here and try to get your partner to read or start a post in the supporters sections she could learn alot and maybe understand a little better what you are going through.  Pf wishes,   Phil

p.s. The first time I tried a round of DHE it worked for me.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 6:18pm

Oxygen at 15 liters per minute, talk to your doc about it!

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 6:48pm

Hi jamie and welcome. Sorry you had to find us, but you are with others now who fully understand your pain. Pull up a chair, and please talk to your doc about the o2.

Barry Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 6:53pm

Welcome and Houdy
Kick some demon nemisis a$$. If the DHE doesn't work then you will try something else, until you find something that will.
02 is a good one. Try killing a few headaches with an energy drink or some coffee during the daytime. Maybe that will help  to back off the vaso-constrictors. They can cause rebounds.
Here's some more to consider.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
clusterbusters.com
OUCH.ORG

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 7:13pm

Quote:
and imigran injections, between 6 and 12 per day.

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!  I sure hope I read that wrong.  One shouldn't take more than 2 injections in a 24 hour period.  Please tell me that isn't what you're doing and that I misunderstood what you said.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 7:43pm

Hi Jamie and welcome to the family.  You will find a ton of useful information here.  Keep on reading.  I want to echo Linda and I hope that I read that wrong about the injections!!!!!

Hugs,

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!