Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Methylprednisolone Tablets 4mg (Read 1689 times)
cuzzykins
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||||KS,Kansas
Methylprednisolone Tablets 4mg
Oct 5th, 2008 at 10:13am

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone has tried this Methylprednisolone before? Kind of hesitant to share so soon as ive only been on it 2 full days but so far PF. My cycle started about 2 weeks ago with hits around 9pm K8, aborted with O2, another hit around 5:30 am.  Basically the normal was 2 or 3 a day/night.  It would skip a day or nite here and there.  Added Magnesium to my routine after reading about how it could help as well.  St Johns wort as well.  Had ordered the Kudzu and Skullcap on line so I could try Kilowatt3. Have taken Melatonin 6-9mg nightly for several months already.   Really didnt want to go back on drugs if I could help it.  Then last wed had several K9s and not much sleep so decided was time for the call to DR.  Left messg for him that I was back in a cycle and could I get scrips for verapamil(was recently put on another BP med after a physical just as I was starting my cycle too, mentioned to him i had had a hit the night before but he gave me this other one anyway) prednisone and call in for an O2 refill as my tanks were running low.  Picked up my meds that night and when i opened the pkgs I was extremely pissed that it wasnt prednisone but this Methylprnisolone!  Immediately called the pharmacy to find out if it was a mistake or what???? No mistake dr prescribed, was told same as but better.  I said for CH's ???? Hmmmm not sure on that... Well CRAP!!!!!!! I decided not to start that nite as it is a tapered pkg starting at breakfast time, over a 6 day period.  4 mg tablets, starting with 6 tablets the 1st day, 5 the next and so on.  I have to admit day 1 there were no shadows, twinges, eye, jaw or neck pains.  Kept waiting for thie 9pm hit but it never came, slept through the night and hugh sigh of relief.  Day 2 was the same and now on day 3.  Like I said hesitant to say hey this is working great as it could change any time as we all know.  So has anyone else ever tried this stuff???  OH BTW havent had the terrible bloating and digestinal problems I usually have on the Pred either  Cool

Thanks for listening,
Hopeful in KS
Deb

cuzzykins  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Re: Methylprednisolone Tablets 4mg
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 6:28am

What you have is a Medrol Dosepack.  It stops my attacks dead in thier tracks but they return when I get down to the 2 pill day.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 8:42pm

my experience FWIW...

have twice now tried an IV, then dose pack of same...the first time it was miraculous...stopped a cycle dead in its tracks SAME day..lasted for 3 glorious months...

second time...nothing...have had same experience with prednisone...
sometimes this med type works, sometimes it doesn't (am reminded of Robert Shaw to Roy and Richard in "Jaws"......"sometimes the sharks went away, sometimes they didn't...I'll never put on a lifejacket again..." sorry, good movies remind me of real life...

I'd give medrol a try if I was you...would also try deep breathing (3 in, REAL slow, 3 out, REAL slow...whenever it seems appropriate). You're pissed and I can relate. Nothing wrong there, also nothing wrong with a vent...been there too...

Best,

Jon
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2008 at 8:45pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

IronHorse
CH.com Newbie

x1|Omaha|USA|usa|284|133|NE,Nebraska
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 8:59pm

I had the same results as Bob: stopped them dead in their tracks.  I started the series in June, however, about a week after I had finished taking them, the CHs stated creeping back. I usually have an 8 week cycle, however, I am now into the 4 month, and  am still battling the beast.  Although it was nice to be painfree for a few weeks, I am not sure the this med just prolonged the cycle. I don't know for sure. I have had CH's for 25 years and this is the longest cycle yet.

Just a side note, after reading about it on this site, I started the Melatonin 9 mg at bedtime.  I work nights so I took them yesterday at 0700, had a bout at 10 am and 1400, but have not had any for 24 hours. They say it takes about 24 hours for them to take effect. I know its early but I am real excited about the prospect! Good luck !

Becareful of the things you say, people may forgive, but they never forget.&&&&You can learn a lot more from listening than talking all the time.  &&&&(words of wisdom from my late father)

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 9:16pm

Preds stopped two cycles for me dead in their tracks too like others.  THird time though-  not so lucky-  got two days pain free, ch started up again,  got shot in the butt ( with preds lol)  after that and I thought.... AH... now we're talking.   NOPE , nothing, CH continue.   Did medrol pack after that and NADA..  didn't work. 

Finally- got verap and for me that was the trick this time.  Seems like you just have to keep trying to outfox the bastard.

PF times to ya-

kelly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!