Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A new preventive? (Read 3200 times)
gsockrider
CH.com Newbie

x0|New Orleans|USA||0|0|LA,Louisiana
A new preventive?
Oct 6th, 2008 at 8:39am

Not sure if it worked but the last two weeks have been hell. last night before going to bed I took (Rest Assure) from problen pharmacy (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register). The ingredients listed are Calcium, Magnesiun, Niacin, Inositol, Melatonin and a bunch of others-Scullcap,Valerin Root etc.....Anyway I shadowed all day and slept all night. I will try it again tonight and see what happens. Hope it can help someone.
I have a question- My CH's never last 15 minutes like some posters, I get one a day, It comes the same time, is never less than an 8 and lasts 3 hours. Is that common?

IP Logged

michael
CH.com Old Timer

x1|nottingham|United_Kingdom|europe|177|217|
Re: A new preventive?
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 9:30am

That was very common for me for 30 years.
Only in the last ten years since I've been taking meds has it morphed into 3 or 4 hits a day.,

Mike

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 9:53am

gsockrider wrote on Oct 6th, 2008 at 8:39am:
Not sure if it worked but the last two weeks have been hell. last night before going to bed I took (Rest Assure) from problen pharmacy (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register). The ingredients listed are Calcium, Magnesiun, Niacin, Inositol, Melatonin and a bunch of others-Scullcap,Valerin Root etc.....Anyway I shadowed all day and slept all night. I will try it again tonight and see what happens. Hope it can help someone.
I have a question- My CH's never last 15 minutes like some posters, I get one a day, It comes the same time, is never less than an 8 and lasts 3 hours. Is that common?

You quit cookin to peddle the miracle drug?

Potter

IP Logged

gsockrider
CH.com Newbie

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 10:26am

To viet vet, or Potter or who-ever
I do not work for this company, or any other for that matter, I accidently found something that may help a little, remember my post (Not sure if it works) I hope it helps some body although it may have been a fluke last night. Try not to cast stones as I don't give a shi* about this company.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 3:45pm

gsockrider wrote on Oct 6th, 2008 at 10:26am:
To viet vet, or Potter or who-ever
I do not work for this company, or any other for that matter, I accidently found something that may help a little, remember my post (Not sure if it works) I hope it helps some body although it may have been a fluke last night. Try not to cast stones as I don't give a shi* about this company.

Get some oxygen.

Potter

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 4:55pm

Hello,

I've read of a few people who use this - melatonin mixed with a few other things. Hopefully they'll see this and post. I just use melatonin and find it effective.

Em

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

shelticon2
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Greensboro NC
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 10:07pm

Hey all,

Let's try to keep it civil here. As a newbie here I come to learn from the experience of those who ( unfortunately) have dealt with CHs for longer than I. It must be noted that one good day, or nite, does not make a miracle cure. The other day I woke up ,for the first time in a year, without a headache . Thought the beast had gone, or at least gone into remission. By 3:00 that afternoon, it was made clear to me that the beast had just taken the morning off. It must have had an appointment or something. Anyway, we don't know why these things come and go they just do. One shouldn't jump to conclusions.  We prefer science or at least some sort of extended trials ( that's the scientist in me).  

Please, share your experience. Talk and listen to others. If you do offer advice please make sure it is as good as you can make it.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to lecture. Sometimes I get frustrated by all of the amature physicians there are out there. On advice of others, I've tried everything eating spices to standing in the yard spinning around three times and spitting under a rock.

Sorry if I have offended, I'm in the middle of a pretty good hit right now

PF to all.

Jim        

Cage the Beast

IP Logged

gsockrider
CH.com Newbie

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:38am

I agree with you Jim, I am also looking for a way to kill the beast and I am willing to share my experences. I don't think I found the miracle drug and I am not an amatuer doctor (or any other kind) but it was sure nice having a night of sleep and I wanted to share

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:54am

gsockrider wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:38am:
I agree with you Jim, I am also looking for a way to kill the beast and I am willing to share my experences. I don't think I found the miracle drug and I am not an amatuer doctor (or any other kind) but it was sure nice having a night of sleep and I wanted to share

Quit lookin and get the gawddamned o2.

Potter

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:03am

I think I'm gonna try the " spinning around three times and spitting under a rock" thing! Grin

( great post, Jim! )

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:15am

Jeannie wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:03am:
I think I'm gonna try the " spinning around three times and spitting under a rock" thing! Grin

( great post, Jim! )

Jeannie

That worked for me...............................Once.

Potter

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 11:40am

I do the melatonin and the O2 and keep Valerian Root handy (it's the best muscle relaxer I've ever found in the last 25 years - smells awful, but works great).

Haven't tried spinning around and spitting under a rock, but am on the way outside as I type.... Wink

Have you tried the banana peels around your forhead?  Didn't work for me, but the fruitflies "loved" me all day. Kiss

Lord, over the past 10 years I've actually tried about every "cure" that's been posted on this board (and a bunch my dear departed hubby brought home from "foreign" countries that were sure to work). My body is a temple to foreign products - I'm indestructible.... But I'm still optimistic - something "simple" will work someday and we'll all be outta pain -- Right now I'm dependent on O2, melatonin and a few drugs my doc gives me to keep me strong and healthy (and partly sane).

Now I gotta go do some spinning and spittin'... PF wishes to all ya'll...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

shelticon2
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Greensboro NC
Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 12:00pm

Potter said. "Quit Looking"....... Please don't.
    It is my belief that you will never kill the beast. However, it is possible to cage it. Find what works for you... Test it ( to make sure it is not just a fluke) then share it with others. Maybe what cages your beast will cage someone elses. Please keep in mind what works for one may not work for another. If someones' fix does not work for you, don't ridicule... Just accept that your beast is of a different species.

I have caged my beast. I say "I" because the Docs ( bless their hearts... and wallets) had very little to do with it. It does however escape from it's cage when I fail to follow the strict routine that I have set up for myself. No more mind altering, heart destroying, money wasting drugs.

Again I lecture, I'm sorry, But I am very passionate about this subject. This has been a life changing experience.

I ain't 100% PF, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I was.

Jim

Cage the Beast

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 12:49pm

shelticon2 wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 at 12:00pm:
Potter said. "Quit Looking"....... Please don't.
    It is my belief that you will never kill the beast. However, it is possible to cage it. Find what works for you... Test it ( to make sure it is not just a fluke) then share it with others. Maybe what cages your beast will cage someone elses. Please keep in mind what works for one may not work for another. If someones' fix does not work for you, don't ridicule... Just accept that your beast is of a different species.

I have caged my beast. I say "I" because the Docs ( bless their hearts... and wallets) had very little to do with it. It does however escape from it's cage when I fail to follow the strict routine that I have set up for myself. No more mind altering, heart destroying, money wasting drugs.

Again I lecture, I'm sorry, But I am very passionate about this subject. This has been a life changing experience.

I ain't 100% PF, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I was.

Jim

I'm 1,500 days pain free. My routine includes Jim Beam whiskey, good weed (shitloads) Pabst Blue Ribbon beer,  Camel straight smokes,  an occasional toot,  lots of beef and bacon,  and no vegetables. I don't recomend nothin cuz cluster headaches decide if and when.

Potter 

IP Logged

shelticon2
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Greensboro NC
Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 4:45pm

Potter,

I like your ways. Think I'll try them........

Just don't tell my wife about the weed and the smokes

Jim

Cage the Beast

IP Logged

hurts_so_good
CH.com Junior

Hate headaches, love Linux

Lurgan, UK
Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:33pm

U wanna try getting O2 outta my doc.

I guess I'm gonna have to eat the f'in rock an' spit on the doc before he gives me O2 - despite letters from my neuro.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:35pm by hurts_so_good »  

Help defeat cluster headaches - use Linux
imnotanaccountant  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:53pm

Go to a different doc, or get welders 02.

Quote:
Lord, over the past 10 years I've actually tried about every "cure" that's been posted on this board (and a bunch my dear departed hubby brought home from "foreign" countries that were sure to work). My body is a temple to foreign products - I'm indestructible.... But I'm still optimistic - something "simple" will work someday and we'll all be outta pain -- Right now I'm dependent on O2, melatonin and a few drugs my doc gives me to keep me strong and healthy (and partly sane).

Hugs BD

I'm right behind ya BD, as soon as I get back from Potters house. Wink
thebb Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:54pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #17 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 9:46am

Quote:
Go to a different doc, or get welders 02.

Quote:

Hugs BD

I'm right behind ya BD, as soon as I get back from Potters house. Wink
thebb Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hey buddy c'mon back and we'll self medicate s'more. 

Potter

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #18 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 9:12pm

hurts_so_good wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:33pm:
U wanna try getting O2 outta my doc.

I guess I'm gonna have to eat the f'in rock an' spit on the doc before he gives me O2 - despite letters from my neuro.

Why cant your Neuro write the script?

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #19 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 9:30am

This product looks very similar to Super Snooze, which is what I usually use.

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!