Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster Newbie (Read 2647 times)
Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Cluster Newbie
Oct 6th, 2008 at 11:06pm

Hiya...

My husband Jon got diagnosed May 2007. He was in remission for a year & 4 months...but we're in another cycle. REALLY glad we found this site!!! Been married since August 21, 2006. He's 27 & I'm 24. My name's Izzy. So...we live in Central Alberta, Canada. What else? We're musicians, to boot. Salespeople, too, but don't let that depress you. We love our jobs. Kind of nice to be independent, what with having to live around a headache's shcedule...we'd LOVE to meet & get to know a lot of other people who lives are affected, too...right now we are totally alone here. Any questions: email us! Ta!

"There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved someone with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Cluster Newbie
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 12:53am

Quote:
right now we are totally alone here.

Nope.   Nopt anymore you aren't.   Welcome to the most caring supportive people you will eve meet Izzy.

How can we help you?

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 4:32am

Thanks! Mostly we are spending time reading through all the info & familiarizing ourselves with the fact that it's not us in a bubble anymore. We have our family & church praying but it's such a great thing to finally have a connection to people who have been where we are. Can't even explain the relief.

"There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved someone with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 6:15am

Hi Izzy and welcome.  You have found the best place for education and support.  Read and study all you can.  Knowledge is power and will enable you and your husband to 'live with clusters'  Check out the OUCH site (button on the seft).  There is a ton of information there too.

There's always someone around to help so ask away.

Again...welcome,
Jackie

Oh....I'm married to a cluster sufferer too.

IP Logged

MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:51am

Izzy,

Sorry you had to find us, but glad you're here.  Make sure to read all you can on the site.  Lots of great information here.  Give us a run down on your husbands regiment for the beast.  Prevents, aborts, etc.
Best of luck.

Regards,

Malcom

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 12:50pm

thank you for supporting a fellow clusterhead. supporter is the best thing we have, and takes alot strength on your part.
you are not alone anymore. feel free to eask questions or to vent.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 7:16pm

Hi Izzy and welcome. Sorry Jon is a sufferer but thanks that he has a supporter like you beside him. From another pair of Canucks. Barry&Angie. Smiley Smiley

Sorry you are getting hit bro! Tongue

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 2:36pm

Hi Izzy, bless your heart for being a supporter, not an easy task! When you get a chance please post what his current routine is, preventatives, abortives etc. Maybe we can make a few suggestions~!

Guiseppi

(Who loves his supporter of 28 years!)

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 4:54pm

Was asked to give a rundown of his process: He takes strong coffee right at the first signs, because it seems to help. Then he takes some Maxalt if he can (only can take 2 does in 24 hrs.) because it takes the pain down to 4. Anything cold helps; if he can freeze his head enough it seem to make it go away quicker. And that's all. We are researching the oxygen & other meds right now with the Dr., it's a little complicated because of the family history. But so far that's all we do.

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #9 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 5:23pm

Hi Izzy.  Welcome to the family.  You're not alone anymore, you have a huge family here.  I'm also married to a CH sufferer.  You have come to the best place for support.  The people here are awesome.  There is so much information here, so keep on reading.

Hugs,

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #10 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 6:00pm

Quote:
We are researching the oxygen

Research away....and then INSIST on it from your Dr.

Here is a link you can print out if you haven't already found it.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

By the way, have you joined OUCH?  It's painless, it's free and there is strength in numbers.  There is also a LOT of information there.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 6:54pm

O2 rocks
glad your hear, sorry you have to be.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #12 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:39am

Just realized I haven't said thanks yet. THANKS!!! From both of us. Except he's passed out on the floor of the bedroom sleeping for now so it's sort of I'm assuming he's thankful. *lol* He is. Both of us. Anyways, thanks so much for the article on Ox, that will be awesome to show the Dr. This is the first time the Maxalt didn't work & he had a full on 10...I just about lost my foot. I mean it...he stomped on my foot. *lol* He doesn't like being alone through it because touch helps keep him grounded; so I am usually sitting or standing beside/behind him or whatever, being his ouch pillow. The lady at Tim Hortons asked me how I got the bruise on my arm (which I didn't notice!) I told her "It was a 10." She just looked at me strange. Probably wouldn't have believed me if I even told her. I never drank coffee before last May. *lol*
Giu: you're cool man. (Frm Jonny)
Linda: Thanks so much for being!
Everyone: I'll get to know your names I'm sure...but know you are in my thoughts. Sanity is a precious commodity & it's helping that people are out there at random times of the night so I can decompress. Bless!!!

Update on process: He wants to be admitted & experiment with some different drugs; the Dr. said at the last appt. he might be willing to do this if he can have "proof" of the headache severity. I was like...so...you want a tape, or what? Proof. My bum. Anyways, tomorrow I'm going to call again & see if we can get some other options going. Today he had the most he's ever had in a day...4 of them. It was entirely new...once is gruelling...twice is hairripping...three times I wanted to be like %!!!! & the fourth one I just kinda was like  Angry Shocked There weren't even words...
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:43am by Izzy »  

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #13 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 5:16pm

Hi Izzy,

Sorry to be late getting to you.  Welcome aboard to you and Jon.  You have family now that reaches around the world. 

You said Jon used coffee and it helps.  That is good.  The caffeine helps some of us to alleviate the smaller hits.  I have found that energy drinks work a little faster, and will help with the stronger hits because I can get more in me quicker and the taurene seems to supercharge the caffeine.  The trick to them is to chug one down as rapidly as you can drink it.  Without stopping for air if you can.  He can follow up with coffee also if he feels like it.  I try to use coffee for shadows and the Red Bull, Monster, etc for the bigger hits.  It has to be early on in the hit though.  ONce it has taken hold you are in for the ride.

Definitely insist on O2!  It has been a real help to a lot of us, and it has no bad side effects!

All the best.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 10:41pm

Hey guys; just an update:

Thanks everyone for the support & tips & posts of links. It REALLY helps! So far his worst day was 6 of them in 24 hrs; and it appears that it climaxed because it's getting less frequent & less intense...fingers' crossed...his last cycle was 17 days so hopefully this follows through although one never knows.

He got taken off the Max because Dr. thinks it's messing with his heart but not sure, waiting on the results for that. He's been having a racing heart beat & irregularity for about 4 days. He has another appt. Monday morning at 9:30 & we will see about admitting him for that; it's more serious than it sounds b/c of family history. Still waiting on the ox, Dr. isn't too keen on giving it but I'm stubborn; he'll get it if I have to tap my contacts to do it. It's who you know, sometimes...

Today at 2 pm marked his first 24 hours PF since the start of this one; so we are hoping. But his last one he got a few days PF intermittent & then some nasties so again...bated breath.

Thanks again for everything; we keep you in our prayers. Bless & see you around!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!