Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exertion cluster headache (Read 1285 times)
rspiv
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Exertion cluster headache
Oct 7th, 2008 at 1:01pm

Hi,
I'm new to this site even though I have been suferring for over 20 years. I am 70 years old and played at sports all my life. At the moment racquetball has been one of my passions. When I am in my cycle and play raquetballl, soon after I stop playing, I get an immediate attack. This Sunday it was so bad I drove to the emergency room, but of course never checked in. There is never any help for me.
Is there anybody else out there who has this same problem. I also woke up this morning with a slight 20 minute kind.
Ron

IP Logged

shelticon2
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Greensboro NC
Re: Exertion cluster headache
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 4:51pm

For my work I occasionally have to lift heavy things ( industrial equipment). Frequently, after lifting, I get a major hit. Oddly, these don't seem to last as long as a "normal" hit..... Also happened once while I was riding my bike..... Go Figure

Jim

Cage the Beast

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 6:16pm

physical exertion will bring on an attack most assuredly and being chronic it does make some issues. if it is hot outside it comes on quicker for me.

IP Logged

j.s.
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

lehigh acres fl
Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 6:31pm

Hi new guy here I live in florida  and i do construction been dealing with the beast for 15 years. I do lots heavey lifting in the sun sometimes. and some of the things i move way more than 120 lbs and it never triggers an attack as a matter of fact when the beast shows up usually at night I pace in my room drink water and do atleast 50 vertical pushups. I have never seen a doctor for my pain I am going for the first time next weak gonna see a nuero. this site has been a blessing for me                                                                                                                              sincerley j.s

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:18pm

In my experience and a LOT of others here...it's the relaxing afterwards that's the killer. 

Stay stressed.  Never relax.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

gore2424
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:45pm

Linda how true how very very true dear. Terry

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:28pm

Quote:
soon after I stop playing, I get an immediate attack.

Yep that's how it works.
Have you got 02?
So much for this going away when I hit 50. Smiley
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!