Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
generic imitrex (Read 965 times)
Stoic
CH.com Junior

x0|Urbana|USA||0|0|IL,Illinois
generic imitrex
Jun 30th, 2008 at 12:45pm

I started a thread on this topic on the old board, and got some useful answers, but now I can't find that thread.

Briefly, my health insurance will provide me with only nine 100 mg Imitrex tablets every 23 days. Paying for it out of my pocket is extremely expensive (more than $400). But I see that generic Imitrex is available for purchase on the Internet.

Can anyone recommend a reliable site from which to make such purchases? Thanks

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: generic imitrex
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 3:12pm

Go to PharmacyChecker.com and look for a Canadian source. Canada's version of the FDA is as good, in some ways better, in protecting us.

I've used a source in Canadafor several years until Medicare started covering Rx but still use one for veterinary meds.

I would avoid sources in Asia or S. America. These are the areas where there have been the most problems with counterfeit products.

The only consideration is that you have to allow upwards of 10-14 days for delivery via mail but that's a minor consideration given the savings.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2008 at 3:13pm by Bob Johnson »  

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Stoic
CH.com Junior

x0|Urbana|USA||0|0|IL,Illinois
Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 3:36pm

Thanks, Bob. This is really helpful.

IP Logged

IronHorse
CH.com Newbie

x1|Omaha|USA|usa|284|133|NE,Nebraska
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 4:05am

I am not here ti plug this company, but I have been ordering generic Imitrex tabs from ProgressiveRx.com   they come from India, and are about 1/2 price and they seem to work well for me.  They have good customer service and takes about 7-13 bus days USPS or 3-4 weeks standard shipping. Good luck!

Becareful of the things you say, people may forgive, but they never forget.&&&&You can learn a lot more from listening than talking all the time.  &&&&(words of wisdom from my late father)

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 11:44pm

I myself use Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register I don't know if it's cheaper for you. I have to use it to get my Ketotifen (allergy med) since it's not approved in the US. You have to have a real prescription for them, and my family had to fax them some stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!