Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blessings (Read 1363 times)
dionysiusaeropagite
CH.com Junior

May the Peace of the Lord
be with you Always

Columbus, OH
Blessings
Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:00am

Dear friends in Christ,

Thank you all so much for all the support.  I honestly didn't know how I was going to make it through this semester at school, and then God showed me this website.  I have been truly blessed. 

I have some exciting news to share.

After receiving the sacrament of anointment from a priest here at the seminary, I have had four consecutive nights without a CH.  I'm not entirely sure whether it is due to the sacrament, or if it is due to the prednisone ... and Honestly, I don't care.

Just so you all know, Today, October 15 is the feast of St. Teresa of Avila. 

In the Catholic Tradition, St. Teresa is the patroness of Headaches.  As a seminarian, I have begun a Novena, a nine-day dedication prayer.  In this novena, I will request the intercession of St. Teresa for all those who suffer headaches, especially us Clusterheads.

If anyone here would like a little more information about St. Teresa, feel free to email me (my email is in my profile) or check the following website.

God Bless you, God Keep you!

Joe

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Come to Me all who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest says the Lord.
polishtank01  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Re: Blessings
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:37am

Good for you Joe.  Maybe ya got somthin there.

I'm not a religious person but It couldn't hurt if you could put in a good word for me.

Thanks
                                   Just Plain Carl

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:08am

Good on ya Joe.  I couldn't be happier for you. 

St. Teresa was my patron saint for confirmation.   She has always come through for me.   Every single time.

Emjoy every single moment you spend being pain-free.  Go out and smell the roses and get your head out of those books....Father-to-be.   Wink

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:18am

Glad to here you are getting some pf time Joe.  Thanks for the prayers, I think they are working because high cycle has skipped me so far this fall.  Smiley

Beth
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:19am by N/A »  

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:39am

Good.   Smiley  It isn't the fact of our headaches--it's our response to them, and how we decide to live.  You've decided, it seems.   

I'm sure you'll make a fine priest.  I do know that I (for one) consider your presence an asset to this community--one that may very well make a world of difference to someone here one day.  We call it "paying it forward". 

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. 

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 3:42pm

Linda, I swear we're gonna end up being cousins....

St Teresa is MY patron saint at baptism. Do you think that was an omen of things to come? That's spooky...

Glad you're having better days Joe. And thank you for the prayers. To be honest - I'm doing better lately. I think you're going to make a fine priest.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 6:55pm

Quote:
I have had four consecutive nights without a CH.  I'm not entirely sure whether it is due to the sacrament, or if it is due to the prednisone ... and Honestly, I don't care.

I'm sure it's a little of both. Wink
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!