Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Member - happy to find this site (Read 1122 times)
NickW
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New Member - happy to find this site
Oct 15th, 2008 at 11:47am

Hi all,

Im very pleased to have found this site, I have been hoping to find something like this since I was told I was suffering from CH's.

Im 40, office manager with a finance company living in London. I have been suffering for the last 12 weeks with CH's. This (I think) is my 3rd bout of attacks in the last 4 years. I've been quite lucky in that my GP thought it might be CH and sent me to a Neurologist immediately - in London that means 3 months!!.

At the start of this period I was having attacks 3/4 times a day and usually 1 at night that would wake me up. I dont think I need to tell anyone here the pain.

I think Im on the last legs of this bout - the pain is only coming every few days now and not quite as acute.

My GP has been keeping me dosed up on Tramadol - 4 times a day - it works but its ruined my sleep / eating and I wander around work in a bite of a haze. Im lucky that my company are fully supportive of me.

My Neurologist is changing my medication - Im not really sure what it is yet - but I will let you all know !  Smiley

Good luck to you all

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: New Member - happy to find this site
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:02pm

NickW wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 11:47am:
I have been hoping to find something like this since I was told I was suffering from CH's.

You poor deluded fool. Run away now while you have the chance! Delay at your peril!!!

Well, obviously you haven't taken my advice so welcome home. You're right about not having to tell anyone here about the pain because we know only too well what you mean.  From the inside. So there's also no need to explain.

There's a wealth of knowlege here at ch.com and we're only too happy to share. Ask all the questions you wish and we'll help all we can, even though you're English.

Cluster headache can be a rough ride but there's ways to smooth the waters.

Welcome aboard,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

darknight
CH.com Veteran

Ever danced with the devil
by the pale moonlight?

x0|Manchester|Great_Britain||0|0|
Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:38pm

Welcome NickW,

Have a look around on this site the more you information you collate the better you will be at keeping the beast at bay.

I am a preacher for Oxygen, I love Oxygen. The minute an attack begins im straight on it for 15-20 mins and the beast relents, it is my silver bullet and hope you find yours. Try it and see if it works for you!!

PFD TO ALL!!!!

Si

This is My Gift My Curse!!

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:50pm

Hello Nick,

Wanna wish you a heartely welcome from the Netherlands.
As Brian stated, ask anything and there will always be someone at your call. Can't even begin to tell you how much support there is, and it DOES help to have an ear that listens.

Painfree days to you.

Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:23pm

Hi Nick,
Get rid of the trammy's. They can be a trigger. Welcome and good luck with the neuro.
thebb

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:37pm

Welcome to the group Nick.
Lots of info and support here
                            JPC

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!