Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What do you do when the cycle is over? (Read 2346 times)
Kit
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Montreal, Quebec
What do you do when the cycle is over?
Oct 20th, 2008 at 7:38pm

Hi, Kit here, with some happy news!
My hubby, Chris, is officially over his first CH cycle (as far as we can tell).
He hasn't had a headache in over 2 weeks (he refuses to count his shadows as headaches, and there have only been a few very brief ones).
On saturday night he had his first beer in 5 weeks...waited for 1.5 hours, no CH, had another. Proceeded to have a few more with my brother. I fell asleep as we watched a movie and when I woke up both my hubby and my bro were feeling no pain (in any sense of the word).
I had the feeling of "Look at those drunk idiots, I am completely sober and they are just dumb" but also a huge sense of relief. 5 weeks ago 1 beer set Chris off into a Kip 7, and now it's over. He was terrified when he was having the first beer, but he felt like he HAD TO KNOW if the cycle was over, and, thank god, it is.
The next day, Chris had a hangover headache, but he was laughing, he said it was weird to have a headache that didn't really hurt and he was happy!
He only had 2 beers on Sunday, since he has decided that he will take it easy on the booze all the time now (except for the night before) but he is elated.
Since this was the first cycle, he really has no idea when the next one will come, but we have decided to enjoy life and everything it has to offer (big & small) while the beast is away.
So I was just wondering, what do you folks do to celebrate the end of a cycle, or PF day or whatever? Seems to me like every PF moment is worth celebrating.
Kit
xo
P.S. I am so new here, and haven't spoken to many of you, but I think you are all wonderful people in one way or another and Chris & I are so glad to have found you...it's one of the very few good things to have come of this. The most important thing to me is the ability to laugh, and with all you are going through you can still make me laugh a lot of the time. Thank you thank you thank you! I feel so much more prepared to do battle the next time this comes around, and it is all thanks to you!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: What do you do when the cycle is over?
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 8:10pm

You just get on with life, Kit. Just get on with life. There's a whole big world out there and can't let it revolve around CH.

Party hearty, darlin, and here's cheers to ya mate!

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 9:21pm

Relax
the bb

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 9:47pm

Pass my heartfelt congratulations on to your hubby Chris.  Then please have him give you a big-ole-hug from you're truly for being such a great supporter.

Once the beast decides to move on ... so do I.  I don't do anything special, just go back to living my life with a bit less complication and a lot less pain.

Keep your powder dry, your weapons handy and enjoy every PF moment.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 12:47am

yep i'm having a beer right now. great news! be sure to keep abortives handy even if they collect dust and your convinced that such a horrible thing could never happen again. the worst thing about being episodic is getting caught with your pants down and having to rebuild your artillery.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 6:21am

Kit,

you're right; every PF moment/day is worth celebrating. When the ch is in remission, the best thing to do is to just live life and recall what to do when/if it returns. It doesn't help to stress out between cycles; ch comes and goes pretty much how it likes anyway.

So, my congratulations to Chris - may his remission last for a long, long time! And thank you, Kit, for being there for him and being a supporter. Smiley

Best wishes,
Sanna

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 6:37am

Hi Kit Smiley. You both now have some down time so go and enjoy every precious PF moment to it's fullest. Like said, have all your weapons of defense at the ready if and when Chris gets another visit from the beast.
Now get out you two and have some laughs, enjoy your beers and get on with your life. Stick around here if you can as others sure could use your encouragement and support.

PF wishes forever! Wink

Barry Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2008 at 6:56am by barry_sword »  

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 7:55am

Congrats to you guys.
   Hope it's a long long remission.  It's nice to get back to normal.
Have a beer or two on me.
                              JPC

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 8:01am

That's great news Kit.  Live each and every PF moment to it's fullest. 

Hugs,

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 11:51am

Good news, Kit.   Smiley  Sounds as if he has clearly passed the "beer test".

What do I do when the thing is over?  Not much...  I just get on with it. 

I do spend some time getting caught up on my sleep.  It's probably hard for someone who doesn't get them to understand how splendid it is just to fall asleep without fear.   Smiley  It seems like a small thing--but it's a great gift.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Kit
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Montreal, Quebec
Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 5:35pm

I definately plan on hanging around here even while Chris is not suffering...since we're very new to this & thankfully based on what I have read so far I don't think this cycle was as bad as it could have been (scary thought) I know I still have a lot to learn in order to prepare for the next battle.
Thanks again everyone Grin

IP Logged

Indestructible
CH.com Newbie

Tomorrow is going to be
a great day!

KCMO
Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 8:01am

Celebrate life!!!

One thing I don't do is wonder or anticipate the next cycle. If I get blindsided by a K10, so be it. I have no regrets having lived as if I don't have CH... that's priceless! Cheesy

PFDAN to all
JOHN

"As long as people believe in absurdities,&&they will continue to commit atrocities."&&--Voltaire

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 8:33am

Since this is his first cycle, it's impossible to predict his experience of CH. Not unusual for it to take months to years before a clear pattern of when/how/where/duration,etc. of a cycle or individual attack.

Survival comes by learning how to deal with an attack when it comes but not to keep asking, "when?". Trying to anticipate only generates anxiety.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 2:53pm

when mine go into remission I live life like I don't suffer with CH. I pretend like they don't exist. I don't talk or think about em'. probly sounds crazy, but thats what I do. I go to bars, go to concerts, the beach, hang with my friends(even though most of them know and understand about my condition since I've educated them)what ever I want. Because I lose so many days of life to CH, when I don't get em I try to make up for lost time.

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 6:05pm

Hi kit and chris congrats on the remission

I enjoy life to the fullest as long as i always have my tools to fight the next time it is fun all the way. i agree with the others dont let it effect the pain free time it knocks us to our knees when its here it aint doing crap when its gone.

first cycle is the hardest you guys are lucky to have been diagnosed in the first cycle i went 3 years others over 10 so your battle is half done now all ya have to do is work out the pattern if any, my pattern is 1.5 months in summer holidays and 1.5 months at Christmas or just after so i can usually be ready ,so enjoy life and be ready for the next time after a very long remission i hope

Brian

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!