Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Insurance won't pay for Oxygen (Read 1259 times)
helplesshoney
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Insurance won't pay for Oxygen
Oct 21st, 2008 at 10:34pm

Any suggestions for getting health insurance to cover oxygen for CH?  My carrier refuses to cover for CH and I'm debating whether it's worth it to fight it out with them or to try to just pay out of pocket.  The out of pocket to supplement the 9 maxalt per month is already putting us in the poor house.

Any suggestions or friendly support will be greatly appreciated.  I am a CH supporter.  My husband of 18 years is the primary sufferer.    Cry

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Insurance won't pay for Oxygen
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 11:56pm

Check your email

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 7:58am

You can usually get your Neurologist to write a letter of medical necessity.  Insurance companies usually have a form that also needs to be completed.  Call the insurance company and see what they need.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 10:38pm

Some have used welding oxygen.  My supplier when told I would be paying cash because I had no insurance coverage gave me a price much lower than they charged the insurance companies.  In fact I had it delivered to the house with masks and bubblers for less than I could go out and get a welding tank filled.  Look around at the various suppliers and talk with them.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!