Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone had visual change in your cluster eye? (Read 2886 times)
Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Anyone had visual change in your cluster eye?
Oct 22nd, 2008 at 12:02am

My Mom is contacting my neuro, I've noticed this over the past few weeks and told her a few days ago... Just asking in case maybe someone else has had this happen.

I'm mostly worried it's one of my other neurological conditions acting up, but I figured I'd ask here just in case.

*slinks back off to bed*

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: Anyone had visual change in your cluster eye?
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 12:21am

What exactly do you mean Pixie? Is your sight blurred, or does it perceives colours different?
Does it percevere, or just some short time after a hit? Does it hurt in the eyeball, or not at all?

Speaking for myself, I never experienced anything like that, so let's wait what others say about it.
It wouldn't hurt however to contact a doctor about it, ya never know if it's something to be carefull off.

Keep us posted, okay?

All the best, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 12:37am

maalstroom wrote on Oct 22nd, 2008 at 12:21am:
What exactly do you mean Pixie? Is your sight blurred, or does it perceives colours different?
Does it percevere, or just some short time after a hit? Does it hurt in the eyeball, or not at all?

Speaking for myself, I never experienced anything like that, so let's wait what others say about it.
It wouldn't hurt however to contact a doctor about it, ya never know if it's something to be carefull off.

Keep us posted, okay?

All the best, Pascal.

Well, I already have bad vision, astigmatisim, and all of that.

What I mean is, the vision has changed in that eye. As in my glasses prescription is no longer what it should be.

It doesn't feel any different other than normal.  I don't mean it changes after a hit. It's the same at all times. It just looks as if my vision in that eye has declined and I need a stronger prescription for that lens.

I only noticed because I realized I was seeing more clearly(with my glasses) out of my right eye than my left. Left is my cluster eye. 

I'm hoping someone else has experienced this, or it's just a coincidence that the vision in my cluster eye is getting worse...

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 12:55am

I have.  I wear a contact lens in my right eye for reading and nothing in my left eye.  My ch is on the left side.
     My vision is not as clear as it was.
     I did read that this is a side effect of Prednisone, so I just attributed it to that.  Maybe something else going on. I don't know.
                        slinking off to bed myself
                               JPC

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 1:08am

No, haven't noticed any vision changes on my CH side--other than the usual over-forty stuff.

I think it may be unrelated--although Karl mentioned to me this evening that his neuro told him he can often tell which side a clusterhead gets hit on by looking at the patient's retina.  Karl didn't know what his neuro meant by that, and I don't either.   

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 5:01am

Well, my left eye is my better eye, and left is also the ch side (although I've had shadows and few hits on the right).

I have noticed, however, that if there is some sort of hurting on one eye, it's always on the left side. But I do know now that there's nothing to worry about, although I did think in the beginning that ch can have some sort of impact on my left eye. I check my eye sight regularly, and it has stayed the same since 2004.

Sanna

IP Logged

Indestructible
CH.com Newbie

Tomorrow is going to be
a great day!

KCMO
Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 6:40am

Yes I have

About 4 years ago I had the worst CH of my life. Afterwards I noticed 'floaters' in my eye, and they've been there ever since.

JOHN

"As long as people believe in absurdities,&&they will continue to commit atrocities."&&--Voltaire

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #7 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 7:17am

Before I was diagnosed with CH I noticed a difference in the function of my eyes.  My right (cluster side) was significantly more blury than my left.  At that time I was convinced that the attacks had something to do with my eye.  After all, that's where the focus of the pain was.

After seeing my Opthamologist, I went through a battery of examinations at the Scapens Eye Research Institute in Boston.  These are some of the best eye Drs in the world.  Other than a slight enlargement of the opitical nerve in that eye, they found nothing wrong with it.  The enlargement was chalked up to a genetics.  I had reached another dead end...

About a year later I finally got my diagnosis. 

Having said all that, I'd consult with my Neurologist just to be safe.

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

ninja mom
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 11:50am

Pixie,
I haven't had changes like you mention, but I do get floaters and flashes (NOT aura) on the cluster side.  Saw my eye doc and he didn't find anything significant-he strongly recommended that I mention this to my neuro,  which I did,  which just confused the neuro  Huh
I think there is a connection but I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

Hope you're feeling better!
PFDAN y'all
kathy

Words count, chose carefully.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 1:16pm

My CH eye is not as good as the other. In '05 I developed a blocked tear duct and had surgery to put in drainage tubes. I was in cycle and had an attack while being rolled out of the O.R. I was on 80mgs of prednisone at the time and thought I was safe.

I have thought since then that maybe this was caused due to getting pred in my eyes from handling it.?? Makes me curious as to how many with eye questions have or are using pred?       , Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 1:20pm

Hi Pixie,
  My right eye is my weaker eye.  I don't wear glasses but my left is dominant for sure.  CH is right side for me.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 1:27pm

Hello Pixie:

I have right sided CH.  My right eye is weaker and I started to notice halos around bright lights after my CH started. 

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 4:17pm

I have "blurry" days with my left eye (cluster side) and other days that are clear. Never can tell which it's gonna be till I wake up in the morning. Blurry days usually go with a slight shadow.

This really started more after I had catarac surgery back several years ago..

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus

I love C12 H16 N2O!

West London, UK, Europe
Reply #13 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 11:33am

Interesting that you mention cataract surgery Barb.  This came up elsewhere recently, following this recent research abstract (although I do appreciate the very low base):

Quote:
J Headache Pain. 2008 Aug 21. [Epub ahead of print]

Cataract in chronic cluster headache: two case reports and review of the literature.

Benemei S, Nicoletti P, Geppetti P, Bonciani M.
Unit of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy

Cluster headache (CH) consists of attacks of severe, unilateral orbital/supraorbital/temporal pain, lasting for 15-180 min, occurring once or more times a day, and associated with ipsilateral conjunctival injection, lacrimation and other symptoms. Cataract is clouding of the lens of the eye causing a progressive and painless loss of vision. We describe the cases of two men (not relative, but with the same last name, which originates from north-eastern Italy) that in young adult age, after years of suffering from chronic CH, developed cataract on the same side of the pain attacks. Patient 1 was diagnosed as having cataract 18 years after the onset of episodic (and subsequently chronic) CH. Patient 2 began suffering from chronic CH at the age of 44 years and after 8 years he developed cataract. This is the first report of cataract in patient suffering of CH and occurring in the eye affected by the pain attack.

-Lee

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!