Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
got my o2 but??? (Read 7519 times)
TarHeel-blues
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

matthews nc
got my o2 but???
Oct 24th, 2008 at 9:57am

just got my o2 home ,,3 e tanks and i think its an m tank,,but all they would give me is a nose cannula,,,what do i do about getting the non rebreather?is there any way to get one locally? or do i have to look at my o2 tanks in pain while my mask comes in the mail Cry  by the way with no insurance coverage the 4 tanks cost me 75 bucks,,45 =m 30=3 e's

-jason-
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:19am by TarHeel-blues »  

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: got my o2 but???
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:11am

A nasal canula isn't going to do it.  But you already knew that  Wink

Try this link: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

They have a nice product at a good price.

I can't believe that your insurance doesn't cover it.  That just doesn't make sense.  What did your perscription read?

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:56am

Get on the phone start calling every O2 supplier you can find to see if they have one. Also how far are you from Greenville, NC. ? Not sure but I know that CLusterchuck lives there and he may know where to get one . This is important. I do know a friend that sticks the hose in his mouth. Just cut off the ends of the canula stick in your mouth and breath in the pure O2. Thats way better than using the nosepiece. Be sure to close you mouth around the hose and don't let in outside air. Does the O2 place have NRB masks tell them it's for CH and call your Dr. or go to the Hospital. I felt the desparation, like right now.

We'll help if we can,    ,Don
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2008 at 12:03pm by Skyhawk5 »  

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

TarHeel-blues
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

matthews nc
Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:04pm

I asked the person where I got my oxygen  from he said that nobody would give me one without a prescription

-jason-
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:58pm by TarHeel-blues »  

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:31pm

You have a perscription now dont you? Call the doc and have them call the 02 supplier. You can cut the cannula off of the hose and take the 02 directly from the hose to the mouth.
Friggin people and their control issues.
all the best
the bb

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:37pm

TarHeel-blues wrote on Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:04pm:
I asked the person where I got my oxygen  from he said that nobody would give me one without a prescription

THAT is a crock of shit!  You do not need a 'script to buy the mask!  Hell, if you have a buddy that is a firefighter or better still, an EMT, call them up, and most likely they will GIVE you one!  They are not expensive to buy.

Skyhawk5 wrote on Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:56am:
Also how far are you from Greenville, NC. ? Not sure but I know that CLusterchuck lives there and he may know where to get one .

That is just what I wanted to ask you!  Hell, I'll drive out and deliver one to you, if need be.

I just can't find your town, even using mapquest.  Where are you?

I sent you my phone number in a PM.  Use it, if you need to.

I WANT to get you started on O2!!!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:40pm

Your pretty cool for wing nut Chuck.
Drive safe
thebb

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 2:03pm

chuck

check your pm's

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 2:03pm

Quote:
Your pretty cool for wing nut Chuck.
Drive safe
thebb

Smiley ,you rock Chuck Smiley

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #9 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 2:13pm

That town is near Charlotte......I'm fresh out of masks or he'd have one tomorrow.....

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #10 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 2:52pm

Thanks, Kelly for the thought ... I will get back to you once I know what I am doing.

Bill, I was thinking of calling you, but you answered my question.  Thanks, buddy.

I got a phone call from Tarheel's wife (a delightful lady, BTW), once he gets out of work, I will talk directly to him, and decide what to do.  It is only a 4 hour drive, from me to him, so I can drive that to get a mask to him.  

Most likely, I will be driving out there tomorrow.  Any other Carolina mentally fucked-ups clusterheads want to join me?  We will show him just how messed up we are!!! LOL!!

Chuck

(BTW, Jason, I promise to leave my axe murdering tools at home ... Have no fear ...)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #11 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 6:22pm

This is one awesome family, always helping others!!!
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #12 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 9:49pm

TarHeel, hang in there use the hose, my buddy says it works for him. He won't even use a mask, but he's a little strange.

Chuck you are the man. Check this little bullcrap O2 story: Last years cycle and yrs before that I used Apria O2. They have good NRB's, I had to swithch Co.'s (insur.) to W/F who have crappy NRB's so I called Apria to get a good one with script in hand. "I cant' sell you one unless you use our equipment." WHAT!! Kiss my frigging a$$$$$!!!!!!

Actually Wright Fillipis didn't have NRB's when I switched to them they had to order some. Now I have the Opti-2, Clustermasx, & NRB's for backup.

Gotta hate this world sometimes.       ,Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 9:57pm

I dont know what the big deal is, I just go to the local med supply joint and buy them. I have mailed out probably 50 of them in the last nine years, hell, they only cost $4.00

WTF is going on down there in the south? .....LOL  Grin

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #14 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:14pm

I'm in the north, but they grow idiots here too. I guess they think you can smoke crack or something with 'em, with their puny hypothalamuses, no wonder.

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #15 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:34pm

I just got off the phone with Jason.  We have a game plan laid out.  He is also going to order the O2PTI-Mask.  He wanted to get the ok from someone before he ordered it.

Jonny, I am with you!  I can't believe how idiotic some of these suppliers can be!  I have also bought a gazillion of these masks, and passed them out, without anyone asking me for a prescription. I guess, it is the old "power hungry" idiots looking for a way to throw their weight around!

Chuck

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

TarHeel-blues
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

matthews nc
Reply #16 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:15pm

chuck,,,,i was actually just looking at the that mask we were talking about from the life gas link,,,,whats the big difference with the $25 mask and the $59 mask?i see the cheaper one says disposable and the more exspensive says reusable,,,,does that mean you have to throw the cheaper one away i wonder?after buying the o2 and all the missed work lately my cash flow is a little low right now but i dont want to buy something that doesnt work right or for long,,what do yall think?i didnt mean to direct this only at chuck its just we were just talkin about it on the phone thats all so feel free to chime in.can i also add that chuck is freakin AWESOME.never met the man and he is willing to drive 4 hours to bring me a mask to be able to use my o2....i mean it chuck words cant describe the feeling brother.i never thought a web site could have such an impact on my life Smiley

-jason-
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:15pm by TarHeel-blues »  

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #17 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:24pm

As far as I know the $25 one will work just fine.

B

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #18 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:33pm

Go with the $25.00 mask.  It is called a disposable, but you can get a lot of use from it.

The difference is in the material used for the mask, itself.  The "disposable" mask is not of as strong and rugged as the other one is, but you will still get a LOT of usage out of it.

If you ever decide you want the more rugged mask, you can buy that separately.  But for now, go with the $25.00 setup.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And, if you were impressed with our phone conversation, just wait until you meet one of us drain bamaged individuals in PERSON!!!   THAT is something you will NEVER forget!

Remember to check out the thread down below, in the Meetings and Gatherings section to read about the St Louis gathering that I told you about!

Chuck

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

TarHeel-blues
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

matthews nc
Reply #19 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:37pm

well looks like its a call and order deal or email so guess ill get on it first thing in the am ,,the wifes friend the nurse is suppose to bring me one tommorow afternoon to get me by,,thanks again

-jason-
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:45pm by TarHeel-blues »  

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #20 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 12:15am

I just got one of the "disposable" ones and can verify it should last for a long time. Very comfortable actually. I like it better than the Clustermasx and really can't see why it's called disposable. In fact I'm ordering another one for the truck.

Jason, wishing you a PF night. It is amazing the hearts you find here, all made accessable to us by DJ the site owner and CH'r. Without him this would not have happened.                  Skyhawk5, Over & Out

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

TarHeel-blues
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

matthews nc
Reply #21 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 10:56am

wow i guess life gas doesnt do enough business to take orders on the weekends.i just got an after hours voice mail..oh well i guess ive waited 10 years whats another couple days.surprisingly been able to hold the beast off the past couple of days with the prednisone,,first time its worked in a while.maybe the beast knows i have these tanks of o2 sitting by my bedside and is scared to show his ugly face. Grin

-jason-

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #22 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 1:06pm

Jason, All,

For the folks that haven't ordered one yet, the cost difference between the two O2PTIMASK™ systems is the actual face mask itself (not shown).  The Blue lipped/cuffed mask runs over $30 but it should last years.

The $25 O2PTIMASK™ kit looks like the following two photos showing the kit components as they come from the box.  The photo to the right shows it assembled with the mouthpiece. 
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

O2PTIMASK™ Kit Components

The following photo is actually two as well...  The bag and manifold are the same.  All I did was take two photos, one with the kit configured with the mouthpiece and the other with the kit configured with the face mask and merge them.  The face mask shown here is the lower cost unit that comes with the $25 kit.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #23 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 1:42pm

Are you guys serious?  I have never been able to purchase any respiratory parts without a script.   I have gone to 2 stores in my area and I have tried to buy them online, but noone will sell it to me without a script.  Where can I get them?  Unfortunately, I don't have my script anymore.

And the damn O2 company will give me 10,000 litres of O2 at a clip, but they wont give me the damn bubbler thingy without a script.  Its ridiculous.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

TarHeel-blues
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

matthews nc
Reply #24 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 2:02pm

the link for all the stuff in the pics is a little higher up in the thread.its life gas.i think its the 2nd post .u can get the cheapo's on ebay for like 5 bucks
to those that have ordered the set up from life gas ,,what was the process like..im so used to ebay and click click buy it now and such but it seems like you have to call and speak to someone to place an order?how long did it take to recieve your order and what kind of shipping charges did you pay?
-jason-
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2008 at 2:14pm by TarHeel-blues »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!