Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dancin with the beast in NorCal (Read 1113 times)
JSCartier
CH.com Newbie

Pardon But has anyone
seen my brain ??

Kodak, TN
Dancin with the beast in NorCal
Oct 24th, 2008 at 7:31pm

Hello Everyone !

Glad to finally find a place online for all info one could want and or need Smiley

Currently in Diamond Springs CA , Working for a major computer company, 33 winters old and trying to still enjoy life

Since this round of CH has hit I am extremely photo sensitive , but sound has no effect.

My first bout with CH was in 2003 but only lasted for about 2 months .. At that time I had a passing in the family and just chalked it up to "stress"

Around the March of 2008 I started another cycle but as of yet did not know the cause .. after 3 weeks I finally broke down and went into the clinic . Well according to them I was suffering from migraines ....

well I was PF until the end of July and I have been dancing since .

I have not had a Primary Care doc since I was in grade school and really have not had anything wrong with me medically.

Well in July I changed all of that , the HA's were getting worse, more frequent and lasting longer .

Finally after what seemed like 7 different meds, and 3.5 months my doc referred me to a decent neuro.

Have to admit that my PC doc is good , went through a full MRI setup as well as blood work. Nothing abnormal at all ok another dead end ..

I know that on my Mothers side of the family Migraines are common and both my mother and one of my aunts have severe Migraines.

well back to my neuro ... ( sorry I am sorta scattered but right now I am in the sweat of a nice little dance and the hits are coming regular and strong - Damn that nice sharp pencil  !!!!

That consult lasted all of 20 minutes once we got into the same room ...

He sorta laughed and said you are not suffering from Migraines ... you are suffering from CH ...
ok so Nortriptlyne went out the window ... ( thank god that stuff messed up my already messed up sleep cycle )

made an RX of Verap and Prend-taper
( kept the phenegren due to the verap causing lots of nausea )

So currently I am using Verap and Prend- taper with imitrex and O2 for aborts. ( Thank you all for the info .... it has helped a LOT !!! ) my neuro was a little dicey about the o2 but I kinda forced the issue

SO I am waiting for a non-rebreather mask from the Oxy place ( even talked them into possibly ordering a clustermasx !!YEAH!!!)

Verap 240mg 1x daily
Prend-taper 60mg
Imitrex inject 6mg
and all the O2 I can handle

P.S. the going joke around the house is " Anyone Got a spoon ?!? " if I can only remove the eye ......

Anyone Have a Spoon ??.. If i can just get the right eye out ..
JSCartier shonge@mac.com  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Re: Dancin with the beast in NorCal
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 8:29pm

Welcome to our growing group.
     Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things.
     I'm on the same meds you are and they seem to working pretty good.
                                  Hang In There
                                       JPC

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:48pm

Welcome to the insane asylum family!

It seems like you have a good handle on an attack plan.  All of it sounds like a logical war readiness plan.

If you can't get a good non-rebreather mask, the one at the link on the left oxygen info is worth its weight in gold!

Good luck!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

JSCartier
CH.com Newbie

Pardon But has anyone
seen my brain ??

Kodak, TN
Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 2:28am

JPC & Chuck

The only Reason I might have a good handle on this is from all the info , trial and error and practical advice that you all have put together on this site.

I was diagnosed with CH by my Neuro last week so I am currently ramping up the verapmil 240mg and a 2 week 60mg Prend Taper .

I really can not tell at this point if the Prend-taper is working at all but it does seem to be keeping the CH's at around 5-6 and so far no need to go screaming to the ER ...

Does anyone else get mild to strong nausea right after taking Verapamil ? Though all this time I have ad no nausea until taking that med ..

In the middle of writing this post I had to make a pit stop to the store for some e-drinks and protein -  Cheesy

It seems that the worst time for me at night is from 8pm to 3am then a little sleep and again from 6 am to 9 am with a couple of hits during the mid day

If not for the website and the Neuro finally diagnosing with CH then I would prob still be running around lost, missing work, and no idea about O2 aborts.

May you all have Wonder PF time and Lots of comfy undisturbed sleep

Anyone Have a Spoon ??.. If i can just get the right eye out ..
JSCartier shonge@mac.com  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 10:28am

I got the ok to up my Vrap dosage to 360mg.  Never noticed any nausea. 

I did the 10 day Pred taper at first.  Didn't seem to work as well as in the past.  I just went on it again to see if I can bounce this thing outta here.  I should be at the end of my cycle.  (I hope)

Side effects for me are short term memory loss and exhaustion.  The exhastion mainly due to no interupted sleep.  The short term memory loss due to---------------uh--------I forget.

PFD's On Ya
                             JPC

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 2:30am

The pred will cause some nausea. So does the pain. Houdy and welcome.
thebb
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!