Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just found this support (Read 1137 times)
Rina
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Just found this support
Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:03pm

I am at the beginning of a third bout of episodic Clusters. There was a seven year gap between the first two bouts. Then a two year gap between this and the last one. I am dazzled at the intensity of the pain with this bout. Previously, it started gently and increases over time. I am quite terrified at where it might end. Reading so many other sufferers stories, it made me realise how bad it can get. Fortunately, I found the oxygen helps to abort quite successfully. I never realised that it can stop working. How often does this happen? After my previous bout, my family was quite freaked out by all the dramatics, as I had serious side effects from all the medication I tried. I am trying to keep a low profile at home, but I will have to find an alternative to the oxygen, in case it stops helping.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: Just found this support
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:28pm

Hi Rina,

Welcome to the family. 

I'd say if you have something that works, don't think about it too hard.  Just be grateful.  It may never stop working.  I hope that is so.

For me (and a lot of others) if the hit gets too far, the O2 won't touch it.  Then it's time for me to reach for my Imitrex.  Fortunately that doesn't happen very often.

Good luck hon and don't overthink it. Just make the most of the PF time and keep your weapons handy.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 8:27pm

an energy drink would be low profile help,  chug it

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 8:47pm

Quote:
my family was quite freaked out by all the dramatics, as I had serious side effects from all the medication I tried. I

I am sorry about that.   Really sorry.   If thias condition of ours is anything...it IS dramatic.   Were you on Tpopomax by any chance?

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Rina
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 12:30pm

Hi. Yes I was on Topimax as well as Prednisone at the same time. Had adverse reactions to them both. Only discovered O2 later on. I also have Imigran injections on standby, but I find it takes to long (20 min) and it is such an unpleasant sensation that it is hardly worth it. It feels as if my hart is going to explode if I take the injection. I am sure that must be what a stroke feels like.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 11:52pm

G'day Rina, and don't worry for a second that O2 might stop working. It's quite unlikely and a bridge we'll cross if we reach it.

Also sorry to hear about your adverse reactions to some medications that work very well for a lot of people but hope is at hand. For instance, have you heard about Red Bull energy drinks? Chug-a-lugged at the first hint of an attack can do wonders and, before you ask, I certainly don't have shares in the company.

(Mind you, given the free advertising they get here, I wonder if they shouldn't be sending a little something DJ's way!)

There's also very mild alternatives like kudzu and melatonin which are helping many and an intriguing thread on the Medications board entitled Kilowatt3 that's also worth a read.

Importantly, are you using your O2 to best effect? Check the 'oxygen info' button to your left or just simply keep asking questions. It's why we're here.

Cheers and beers,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!