Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
after 19 mo... (Read 927 times)
ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
after 19 mo...
Nov 3rd, 2008 at 3:46am

I HAD AN ATTACK. MY GOD IT HAD BEEN SO LONG I HAD FIGIT HOW BAD IT HURTS. NOW IM IN THE MIDDLE OF ONE OF THESE THREE MO CYCLES. BACK ON MS CONTIN AND ZANAFLEX. IT WAS SO NICE NOT HAVING TO TAKE THOSE DRUGS. I FEEL AS IF EVERY CYCLE SHORTENS MY LIFE A LIL BIT. DID I MENTION IVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS SINCE I WAS 12, NOW IM 31 AND THEY WONT GO AWAY. THIS SUX. Sad

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Re: after 19 mo...
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 4:57am

Yup, Chris, it DOES suck.  But, you are in a place where we KNOW how it is!

You did not mention using oxygen, as an abortive.  It is a safe, cheap, effective way to abort a hit for most of us.

If you are not familiar with the hows and whys of oxygen, go to the medical section, and read the two threads tacked at the top of the section.  If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask us.

Good luck, and tell us more about yourself, and your clusters.

Chuck, the "oxygen pusher"

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:25am

Listen to Chuck. Take the caps lock off and relax. Your going to be allright.
all the best...till later
the bb

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 1:31pm

Hi Chris,

I'm so sorry that the attacks have begun again.

I've never heard of the drugs you are taking so I took a few minutes to look them up.  These are not preventative medications for treating CH.  You're on a muscle relaxer and morphine.  The muscle relaxer won't do crap for a CH attack and the morphine only make you care about the pain less.  Plus its addictive as hell.

This naturally leads me to a question...  Were you diagnosed with CH by a Neurologist?

If the answer is no, then please get yourself to one so you can get a proper diagnosis.  There are many headache types out there and some mimick the symptoms of CH.  The drugs that we use to treat CH can be harmful and even fatal if given to someone suffering from the wrong headache type.

Please take a look at these links.  They contain the latest in conventional treatment approach.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

For unconventional treatment you can take a look here:

There are also folks experimenting with some herbal remedies.  Look on the medications page for the "kilowatt3" thread.

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!