Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What a joker (Read 2817 times)
flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
What a joker
Nov 4th, 2008 at 7:15pm

So Phil went to the nuero today at the VA in Ann Arbor.  First we waited for 2 hours before we got called in, then another 45 minutes before the dr. came in to see him.  By, now I'm just fuming pissed.

The lady doc was nice and seemed to listen to us somewhat.  Then the head honcho guy comes in and he's all like we need to get you sleeping better to treat your headaches.  WTF???  Are you serious, no shit.  Don't you think that he would like to sleep?  What a jacka$$.  He didn't seem to get it.  Then he was bitching at Phil for drinking energy drinks.  That guy was such a dick.  Let me tell ya, I would've strangled him if he wouldn't have walked out of the room. 

One good thing, I hope, is that they are referring him out to the U of M headache clinic since they can't seem to help him.  They are also going to schedule him for a MRI since his last one was several years ago.  They also upped his Verapamil up to 480mg. 

The best part of the day was that we met Don (Skyhawk5) for lunch.  We had a great lunch and great conversation.  What a great person he is.

Sorry for the rant.

Love you all  Kiss

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: What a joker
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 7:39pm

Quote:
The best part of the day was that we met Don (Skyhawk5) for lunch.  We had a great lunch and great conversation.  What a great person he is.

So where are the photo's!
Sadthe bb

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 9:41pm

Photos are under general posts  Smiley

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 6:34am

Sorry about the appointment, Jen.  You/we always have high hopes with each appointment.....kinda like hoping for a miracle.  One like you had leaves us feeling pissed and disappointed.  Stay after it, Sweetie....I know you all will.

At least you had a wonderful lunch...... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Love to you both,
Jackie

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 8:51am

Thanks for listening.  It just makes me so sad  Cry.  It's not like I'm expecting a miracle or anything.  Just some help and understanding.  Is that too much to ask from a doctor?  Why, oh why, do I come away from every appointment feeling this way?  I just want my honey to have some PF time.

Love to all  Kiss

Jen

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 8:53pm

We've had a few of those.  They suck big time and that's an understatement.

When you say they may be referring him to the U of M headache clinic, do you mean the Michigan Head Pain Neurological Institute?  It's one of the best headache centers in the country, run by Dr. Joel Saper.  If that's not where he's being referred, it's something you really may want to look into:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

As to the MRI, please ask them to let you know what the magnitude of the magnet is (referred to as the "tesla").  If it is at a headache center, it will likely be a high resolution machine (high res being 1.5 tesla or 3.0 tesla), however, if it is at an MRI/radiological diagnostics center in a machine billed as an "open MRI," it is likely just 0.3 tesla.  Not powerful enough to see a lesion that may be causing problems like this. 

Wishing your hubby PFDAN,

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 9:09pm

Hi Laurie  Smiley

Thanks for the tips on the MRI.  The VA is referring us to the U of M and not MHNI.  I'm hopeful.  They have some really great headache docs there.  There is another member (maybe more) here that we have talked to and he had really good luck over at the U of M.

Hugs  Smiley

Jen

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 10:00pm

Hi back at ya!   Smiley

Excellent then!  Sending best of luck - I hope you get some answers!  (And, of course, PF time for DH!)

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 10:03pm

It is a terrible frustration when i am treated like that, after six years i found my neuro and finally i can have a decent appmnt where issues are heard and addressed.
you two are always in my thoughts and are both highly thought of by me.

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 10:39pm

I hope the VA doc didn’t give him sleeping pills. All they do for me is make too it hard to wake up in time to hit the O2 before the beast is well set in. Trying to deal with a zinger while groggy from sleeping pills just makes it worse.

I have trained myself to hit that O2 before I even realize I’m awake. I beat it down while I’m still half asleep so in 5-10 min it clears and I fall back to sleep immediately.

Hope you can get some PF sleep Phil, I remember many nights getting hit every 2 hours with little cat naps between. O2 is in my opinion the only thing that works fast enough to have you back to sleep in 15 min.

PFW’s

Roland Wink

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 12:10am

Quote:
I hope the VA doc didn’t give him sleeping pills. All they do for me is make too it hard to wake up in time to hit the O2 before the beast is well set in. Trying to deal with a zinger while groggy from sleeping pills just makes it worse.

Oh my...YES!

I have trained myself to hit that O2 before I even realize I’m awake. I beat it down while I’m still half asleep so in 5-10 min it clears and I fall back to sleep immediately.

That there is GOLDEN... is EXACTLY what I have learned (the HARD way). Used to get all aggitated and pissed and angry and frustrated and just...pitiful. Wasn't workin' and FINALLY figured just calm the f**k down and hit the O2. Never really even wake up! Part of it is a mind game. Instead of feeling deprived of sleep and resentful, I just think how lucky I am cuz now I'm gonna get another hour of sleep!

Hope you can get some PF sleep Phil, I remember many nights getting hit every 2 hours with little cat naps between. O2 is in my opinion the only thing that works fast enough to have you back to sleep in 15 min.

[size=14
]In the worst of times it's once an hour for me. Without O2, I would be, well, I don't even want to think about it...
[/size]

PFW’s

Roland Wink

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

TAHwife
CH.com Newbie

I am married to a cluster
head and am helpless!

Erie, PA
Reply #11 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 2:42pm

I loved your post. Cheesy  I love a person who tells it like it is!  These doc's have no idea and make you feel worse than you did before you went to them.
Good luck with the clinic.  Wish we had one around here for my husband Cheesy
God bless us supporters.
Karen in PA

Karen
eastofparadise758  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #12 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 8:16am

Hi Karen  Smiley

Thanks for the good luck wishes.  Phil's last couple of appointments have been so frustrating that it makes me want to rip my hair out.  We just keep on keeping on.  That's about all we can do.

You keep hanging tough and take good care of hubby.

Hugs  Smiley

Jen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!