Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kicking back in (Read 1866 times)
jmc1106
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Kicking back in
Nov 19th, 2008 at 2:56pm

Ugh, the little creep has returned again! This time we are going to ask for the short action Verapamil to see if that helps. Going to look into that larger welder's tank of oxygen too. It will look so pretty in the bedroom! AND a regulator that goes up to 25 lpm, AND a second Cluster mask.  Angry Little beastie is being very stubborn this time!

We have a trip to Mexico coming up in a few months and I am starting to get nervous! We still have options here, but this would truly suck in another country!

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Re: Kicking back in
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 5:01pm

maybe you could dress that tank up with a maids outfit or something.
of course, we want a picture

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 5:36pm

Sorry to hear that the beast is rearing it's ugly head again.  It sounds like your on the right track for battle. 

Keep hanging tough.

Hugs,

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 11:50pm

Some have seen the beastie disappear in Mexico!  Apparently has to do with the latitude?

Either way, hope you banish the beast before your vacation!

FYI, don't think the Cluster Mask is available anymore, but Life Gas now offers a 3 litre bag O2PTIMASK.  The Oxygen link on the left now takes you to that site.  Smiley

Back off Beast!

Wishing you PFDAN,

Laurie
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2008 at 11:50pm by Garys_Girl »  

This is enough already
IP Logged

jmc1106
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 11:35am

Say, that would be nice if the beastie took a vacation too! Maybe even allow a couple of margaritas? I'll look into the OP2TIMASK. It looks very similar.

IP Logged

jmc1106
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 6:07pm

Just wanted to bring this up in case it helps anyone...my husband switched over to the short-action release verapamil, and he says he can actually feel it kick in when he takes it. The doctor had him go back to 240 mg (80 mg, 3 times a day) and I think we may need to bump it back up to 320 mg, but he says it is making a difference. He thinks it really does work a little better.

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #6 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 8:15pm

My dear hubby just switched too.  He's taking 120mg four times a day.  He thinks it helps him a bit.  He's still getting hit all the time, but not as strong.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2008 at 8:16pm by flipperlips »  

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!